Accepting it All

AN: This chapter is a little shorter than I usually write but I just returned from vacation and wanted to give you guys something to read so I threw this one together quickly, the next one will be longer. Enjoy and please comment if you can.

 Chapter Eight: Accepting it All

It’s been a couple of hours since Opie has left and no one else has come in to see me. I thought long and hard about what I was going to do, running didn’t seem like it would be an option, Juice would just find me again. I needed to remember I grew up in the Russian mob there was no reason I couldn’t handle an MC, as much as I hate Happy calling me princess the words are true I was a mob princess. I laid there with my eyes closed trying to rest when I heard my name being called softly.

“Reyna are you awake?” I heard Tara voice and I opened my eyes to see her standing at the open door. “I just wanted to check in on you, I know I’m not one of your doctors but I just wanted to see how you were doing.”

“Did Happy send you here to check on me or was it Opie?”

“It was actually Jax.” Tara said walking all the way into the room closing the door behind herself and I was kind of shocked hearing that. “He feels like all of this is his fault and he wants to make sure you’re ok.”

“It is his fault.” I said when the shock wore off and the anger kicked and her eyes went wide. “I shouldn’t have said that to you.”

“But you meant it, didn’t you?” Tara asked as she moved closer to me and I just shrugged my shoulders at her. “He was trying to protect his family and himself.”

“Yeah and he was doing that at the expense of my life, how is that fair to me.” I snapped at her and she opened her mouth to say something but I continued before she could. “You’re a doctor Tara, look at the scar on my neck and tell me how close he was to hitting my juggler, the doctor at the other hospital told me how lucky I was. A few centimeters over and we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now. Tara he then had them dump my body in the middle of the desert and he didn’t even know if I was going to make it, I could have bled to death laying there all alone waiting for help.”

“He has saved your life how many times already since that happened, Jax has been trying to make it up to you.” she snapped at me. “You are his best friend’s cousin had he known that this would have never happen.”

“My life wouldn’t have been needed to be save so many damn times if he had just left me alone from the beginning. I was minding my own business at school in Nevada when he had his goons kidnap me.” I said closing my eyes again.

“I truly am sorry this happened to you but you have to understand what he was going through.” Tara said trying to convince me Jax was the good guy.

“There is no point in arguing with you about this, can you please go get my doctor. I want to get out of here.”

“Reyna the doctor wants to keep you for one more day then you can go home.” Tara said to me calmly and I shook my head no at her.

“I didn’t ask if I could leave, I said I wanted to leave.” I told her as I ran my fingers through my hair. “Can you please just get my doctor?”

“No need Dr. Knowles.” My doctor said as she entered the room. “What can I do for you Ms. Maslov?”

“I would like to check myself out of here. I want to go home.” I said as I sat myself up.

“Sweetheart you need to stay at least for one more day, I would like to monitor the baby for one more day.” The doctor said shaking her head at me as she glanced at Tara. “Just relax and you can go home tomorrow afternoon.”