Death

Chapter Fourteen:

After my call to Happy I went back to finish helping Gemma with the cuts on her face. My thoughts kept going back to what she had told me about Clay possibly having something to do with Tara getting hurt and me being next. If that is true about him having Tara hurt I knew he would have no problem at all in hurting me. My other problem was all the secrets people were telling around me or to me were all too much. I slept in Gemma’s guest room again but this time I had a hard time sleeping out of fear that Clay was going to show up. When the sun had finally risen I got out of bed and went downstairs, as I walked pass the living room I saw Unser on the couch sleeping so I went into the kitchen where Gemma was making a pot of coffee.

“Morning Gemma.” I said as I enter so I wouldn’t startle her.

“Morning sweetheart, would you like a cup of juice or milk or something like that?” she asked turning to face me.

“I can get it just point me to the where you keep your glasses.” I said smiling at her and she nodded towards one of the cabinets.

I was pouring the juice when Unser walked in the kitchen. “Morning ladies.” He said as he walked over to the table and sat down in one of the chairs.

“Hey, how’s the couch?” Gemma asked as she poured a cup of coffee.

“Fine… comfortable actually.” He said as Gemma silently asked him if he wanted coffee. “Yeah, please… black.”

“Thanks for staying with us.” Gemma said to him as she put the cup down in front of him.

“Of course.” He said smiling at both of us then he went serious on her. “What should I do here Gemma?”

“Finish what you started with Pi…” Gemma began to say but stopped when she glanced over at me. “Point it at the cartel, it’s about the club now.” she said looking back at Unser and I was completely confused at what they were talking about. “This landing on Clay is the last thing they need, wait a few days before calling it in.”

Unser looked over at me then back at Gemma. “The body is getting ripe.” Unser said to her and I looked at them both with a raised eyebrow.

“Reyna can you please go get my purse.” Gemma asked me and I nodded at her and got up. “It’s in the living room.” she said nodding her head towards the living room, I got up and the two of them stood silent. When I walked out of the kitchen I saw Gemma’s bag sitting in the hall on a table so I quickly grabbed it but didn’t go back into the kitchen right away I wanted to hear what they had to say. “It’s going to crush Ope and Reyna… Jax too, he’s got a lot on his plate right now.” she said to Unser and now I was concerned, whatever they were talking about involved me and I desperately wanted to know but knew Gemma wouldn’t say a thing to me.

“Yeah I know.” Unser said answering her. “I gotta borrow a few things from the garage to tie it up. What are you going to do about Clay?”

I walked back into the kitchen and they both turned to face me. “Here Gemma.” I said handing her the purse she didn’t even need because she just sat it down on the table.

“Thanks sweetheart.” She said to me then turned back to Unser. “I’ll handle it.”

“I get it… you think you know Clay better than anyone.” Unser said to her in a bitter tone. “You think he isn’t capable of doing any worse.”

“No, I do… Clay would kill me.” Gemma said quickly to him. “I got no doubt… that don’t worry me sweetheart, I’m not gonna let that happen.”

“I hope you know what you are doing.” Unser said as he stood up. “Ladies have a good day, I got some loose ends to finish up.”

Unser left the two of us sitting there at the table. “Gemma what do you have planned for the day?” I asked her after sitting there in silence for a while.