Feelings?

The rest of that day, Lucas and I talked until it was the end of the school day. We talked about everything, about what we did over the summer, I told him more about my mom, and I even showed him some of my paintings. Which is a pretty big step for me, I don't really open up to people. There's just something about Lucas that makes him easy to open up to. He's a really good guy and I know I can trust him.

He's a lot like the boy version of Riley, speaking of Riley I can't believe he doesn't like her anymore. I wonder what changed his mind. I know he said something about Zay, but what could he have realized that he didn't really like her. Does he like someone else? I wonder who. I just hope it's not Missy, she's definitely not a good fit for him. Wait why do I even care, I mean I know he's my friend and everything, but I shouldn't care who he dates. I just need some sleep.

-----Next Day-----

I walk towards my locker, when I hear someone call my name.

"Maya!" The familiar voice said.

"What do you want Seth?"

"It's him." He responded.

"What?"

"He's your dad."

I just stood there processing what he just said. I decide to just walk away.

"Wait up-" he said.

"What!" I shouted.

"Look," he said lowering his voice and pulled me aside in the hall, " I came out and asked him if he had another kid and he just flat out admitted it."

"Guess what! I don't care!" I screamed.

"Maya what's wrong?" Lucas came running up.

"Nothing. I just wish Seth would get the hint. I don't care what he's saying." I said to Lucas walking away.

Lucas stayed, confused about what was going on. I stood around the corner so I could hear what they were saying.

"What did you say to her?" Lucas said sounding all protective.

"It doesn't have anything to do with you." Seth responded.

"Well if it concerns Maya it concerns me." Lucas said sternly.

"What are you like her boyfriend? It's none of your business. It's between me and Maya."

Lucas looked really mad and I couldn't quite hear what his response was because there was someone hovering behind me.

"Excuse me, can you mind your own business-" I said turning around to the brunette girl who was once my best friend.

"Maya we need to talk." Riley said.

"Well I don't have much to say to you." I said shortly, about to walk away.

"Please," she hesitated and then said doubtful "ring power"

I turned to her and said "fine what do you want?"

"Yay. Ok. So I know you heard what I said to the girls about your mom and if I could take it back I would." She was going to continue but before she could I said, "Well you can't so."

"I know, but I quit the cheerleading squad because I didn't like how I was treating people."

"Wow congrats on your revelation, but you're about a month and a half late." I said feeling kinda bad, but why should she get to walk back into my life.

"I understand I haven't been the greatest friend this last month, but I miss you and Farkle and Lucas." She said with emphasis on Lucas.

"Oh. Of course." I said with a chuckle.

"What?"

"This isn't about me, it's about Lucas. You don't miss me and Farkle."

"No it's not! I was just trying to get you to laugh, I mean come on you know I still like him." Riley said.

"Well guess what!"

"What?"

"He doesn't like you anymore! He's moved on...and...and he likes someone else!" I said without thinking.

Lucas came around the corner, "whoa what's going on?"

Before I could even think I grabbed his hand and said "with me. Sorry."

She just stood there and finally just walked away.

"I knew it. What a-"

"What's going on Maya?" Lucas said, really confused and sounding slightly angry.

I realized our hand with intertwined and it felt so natural. After a second of confusion of what this feeling is I said, "Uh Riley was trying to tell me how much she misses "me" and really she just meant you."

"So what did you do?" He said.

"I may have told her you moved on....with me." I said scared of what his response would be.

He didn't say anything but he withdrew his hand.

"Are you mad?"

"Not for the reasons you think I am." He said walking away.

"Lucas wait." He ignored my attempt to stop him.

Not for the reasons I think? What is he talking about. I don't like this feeling, I feel weird. With him mad at me, I have nothing. Farkle is busy with Smackle, ever since they've been dating they are together 24-7. Plus Lucas is the only person I trust 100%.

I start to the bathroom, and lock myself in one of the stalls. All these feelings are jumbled up in my head and I'm confused and I don't want to feel them anymore! Without hesitation I grabbed my blade and I did it again. I made another cut.