Help Is On The Way...

Hey everyone. Theres a bit of suspence building up in this chapter sooo enjoy. :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gaze at the lifeless body of poor Tracey and walk out the door. I walk down my hallway and down the stairs. I sit on the couch and pull out my phone. I unlock the screen and call 9-1-1. I wait for the operator to pick up.

"9-1-1. What is your emergency?"

"Hi, ummm... I walked home and found my maid dead in my parents room." I spoke lowly starting to tear up again.

"Okay now where are you? Whats the address?" She spoke back like a true professional.

"Its a big white 2 story house on Hail St." I spoke trying to resist the urge to break down.

"Thank you the police are on their way." We both hung up and I sat on the couch sobbing. After a few minutes I hear sirens. I wipe my tears and my mascara ran. Shit. I need to wipe this off. I walk in the kitchen and wipe it off then I walk outside. My favorite bushy mustached cop came up to me first. Chief Haven. He was a slight bit on the lazy side but he came to my aid whenever I needed it. When my parents died the officer who's nose I broke was a deputy who became the Chief last year.

"Hey cupcake, are you alright?" He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I've had better days," I said hugging him.

"I know kido, I know," he sighed. I could tell he remembered the death of my parents. He was great friends with my dad. That's how I got to know him. We spoke no more words as the police went into my house followed by paramedics with a body bag. I gasp and turn my head.

"H-hey Chief," I started shakily. "I'm gonna take a walk please call when everything is cleared up."

"Okay. Sure thing Kat." He smiled looking over his shoulder and handing me an umbrella. "I know how much you hate getting your hair wet."

I nodded in thanks and walked off on the sidewalk till the point you can't see red and blue lights. I basically lost everyone. The only two people that care for me is Coach Derrick and Chief. They both matter to me but Chief was closer to me. Way closer. The night my parents died, he handed me an umbrella and took care of me before Tracey came for me a week later. He cared for me like I was his own.

I pass my block and spot the park. No there's no way in hell I'm going back there. I walked forward and raised the open umbrella over my head. Although I had a hood on. It didn't matter to me. I look over back at the park and hear nothing. Have you ever heard nothing but slowly over time you hear something? Like whispers? That's whats happening as I look further into the wooded area. I gaze for moments and squint my eyes. Whatever was out there was calling to me. I take a step forward and feel a hand strike my back. I scream in the shock.

"Kat I've been looking for you for 30 minutes!" Chief yelled at me.

"W-What are you talking about? I was out here for less that 10 minutes." I start catching my breath. "And why didn't you call I would have called back you know?!"

"I called you twice already!" He shouted. In the inconvenience I check my phone and see 2 missed calls. And I check my volume to see it on high. Why didn't I hear it? I was probably too memorized with the park. I shake my head and put my phone back.

"Sorry I lost my head for a second. Well why did you come for me?"

"We have to take you to the interrogation room. We have some questions for you to describe how or what happened to Tracey," he calmed his voice as his lip quivered. I almost forgot. Tracey was Haven's ex-wife. How could I be so naive?

I nodded and we walked back to the house. We both walked and none of us spoke a word. We arrived back to my house. The paramedics walked with Tracey's body to the ambulance and Chief walked me over to his police car.

"Hold on can I just go lock up everything?" I ask pointing over to my front door.

"Sure go ahead."

I ran up to my room and closed my window. I ran into all the other rooms and made sure those windows were closed as well. I check my back door and lock it. I grab a couple rolls and put it in a plastic baggie. I grab my house key and slip it into my back pocket and close my locked front door. I rush into the police car and shut it. We drive off and stop at a local 7 eleven. Chief turns off the engine and unlocks his seatbelt.

"Want anything?" he asks getting out of the car.

"I'm okay, thanks though," I shake my head looking at my phone. I look at the time. 6:43. What a long day. I stare at the pellets of rain that hit the windshield and it calmed me down. I slump back my head carelessly and look out the window and see Jeff looking at me twirling his stupid knife. I shake my head and look over at my phone again. I look back over to Jeff and he's gone. I hate that creep. I close my eyes and hear the door open.

"Hey Cheiff when can I go back home-" I open my eyes and gasp. Jeff was sitting in the front seat with me.

"What are you doing?! Get out!" I shout as he puts his hand over my mouth.

"Shhhhh, you're too loud and that annoys me." He smiled looking at me then looking back. "You need to get out the car." He takes his hand off my face.

"One;

Why would I listen to what you say?

Two;

Do you ever wash your hands?" I signal putting up one finger than two.

"Because I plan to entertain myself by torturing you and only on certain occasions." He grinned and laughed with that deep voice of his.

"Ugh. God your gross. And whats the point in torture? I'm already tortured enough," I was now looking at his pale white face.

"Just listen-"

"No. How about you listen. I'm not doing anything you say and why won't you just leave me alone already?" I'm angry beyond belief and I was ready to snap. What are you thinking Kat? Just breathe. I inhaled then exhaled to clam my senses.

"I want you to convince yourself that you want to live so I can kill you already." He spoke about to get out the car.

"Like that's gonna happen." I thought for a moment. "How the hell do you even know my name?"

He paused. "I told you, I'm watching, listening, and waiting. I would have found out even if you didn't tell me gorgeous." He got out the car and ran off hoping over a car and into the bushes, and disappeared.

"I hate that guy." I presumed looking back out my window thinking on what he meant by "torture". I shook my head as Chief walked into the car.

"Hey kido." He shrugged. "Oh man! What is that God awful smell!?!" He covered his nose. I shrug knowing Jeff and his garbage smelling self. He starts up the engine again and we pull out of the parking lot and onto the street. I rested my head on the window and looked outside. Wondering if anyone has had it as bad as I have. Probably not. Unless you consider death as an option. We approach the one story typical small town police station and pull into the parking lot. I wish I could just go home and pretend today never happened. But alas the words "I wish" are like I said.... Just words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I know this chapters kinda boring but it will be better I promise alright please comment and thank you to Erica for being my first commenter. Later guys. :)