Chapter 2

"Why what?" Luke asked.

"Why would someone like you...want to watch me?" John couldn't wrap his mind around that one –even if he was wrong about Luke's preferences. The guy had still been a "superstar" and John hadn't been the only other gay guy in their school. There were plenty a lot hotter than him who would have surely killed to get in Luke's pants.

"I thought you were cute," Luke said simply. "And I found it kind of charming that you secretly spied on me every night." He smiled and rubbed his lips back and forth on John's mouth.

John shivered. "Charming?" he whimpered as Luke teased him with the promise of another kiss. "Looking back on it...it was surely more pervy than anything."

"No," Luke grinned and pressed his head to John's brow. "It was adorable." He kissed him, soft and quick. "You were fucking adorable. Trying to be all discreet, here and at school. You have no idea how hard I got over your damn cuteness." He chuckled. "Fuck, you don't know how many times I had to lie to Kelly and make her think she was the one giving me a raging hard-on."

John stared at him. "Are you serious?" he mumbled doubtfully.

Pushing his crotch tighter against John, Luke smiled. "Well, I'm hard now and I don't see Kelly anywhere around." His fingers danced up John's spine. "Just you, John boy."

Licking his lips anxiously, uncertainty knit John's brow. "If you liked me so much..." he asked quietly. "Then why didn't you...?"

"Tell you?"

"Well...yeah."

"Honestly?" Luke murmured. "I thought you might reject me."

"Reject..." John shook his head. "But you knew I liked you. Why would you think...?"

Luke shrugged. "You admired me from afar," he said. "But whenever I started to approach you...off you scurried, avoiding me like the plague. It didn't give me a lot of confidence that you would agree to go out with me."

Confusion clouded John's mind. "When did you ever try to approach me?"

Luke laughed softly. "Oh, let's see...about every time I was walking in your direction, it was an attempt to approach you and talk to you. But you immediately made yourself scarce every time."

John lowered his eyes and absently worked Luke's t-shirt between his fingertips. Luke was right. In school, John had made a point of avoiding any close encounters with him. He'd been convinced that Luke didn't know he was alive...but he hadn't wanted it to be proven to him by having Luke look right through him as they passed within inches of one another.

Clearing his throat, Luke pressed his fingers firmly into John's back, his grip strong and masculine. "Perhaps I should've been more assertive."

John exhaled a shaky breath. "Perhaps," he whispered and raised his eyes.

"Well..." Luke smiled and slowly urged John toward the bed as he steadily tugged John's shirt from the waistband of his pants. "I'd had this plan to tell you right after graduation." He peeled John's shirt off his shoulders and tossed it away then squeezed his waist as the bed bumped the back of John's legs, halting them. "But while I was working up the courage to sneak over here..." He moved John onto the bed, crawling forward as John slowly scooted up toward the pillows. "...you up and left for college." He pushed up over the top of John as John leaned back on the pillows, his head sinking down into their softness. "And you didn't come back...until now."

The weight of Luke's lower body gradually settled down against him as he supported himself on his arms, elbows bending just enough to bring his mouth down close. He brushed a kiss across John's lips and lightly pushed his hips into John's crotch. John shivered pleasantly and his cock jumped against the seam of his jeans. He opened his legs and Luke smiled then rubbed his bulge against John's throbbing erection.