Fever Rising "Betrayal"

I’m super sorry I haven’t uploaded I was away on vaction but now im following through enjoy.

            “Hey Captain Hook; quiet in the peanut gallery. Alright where was I ah yes!  Hello Jimmy…How are things?”  All of this was asked in a goofy serious kind of way.

Plus the look on Dylan’s face was really worrying me I mean have these two met or something? 

            “Cody! Uh bro what is Dylan talking ab-“before I could even finish my sentence Dylan flung himself at Cody hailing fists in his direction.  Cody nonchalantly sidestepped the enraged Dylan and swept his foot across Dylan’s shins causing him to fall and hit the side of his head against a rock.  Blood trickled down his temple and I knew he was unconscious.  “Hey! You didn’t have to go and do that Cody!  He’s hurt as it is.” I yelled angered. 

            “Jimmy h-h-he’s one of them I can sense it.” Angelica piped up from the sidelines.  “Oh? Look at you Angelica it’s only fitting that you should inherit the traits from your bloodline.”  Cody gave one of his signature smiles, but wait a second did I just hear right?  “Tell me it isn’t so Cody.  Angelica said you’re a shape-shifter thing too are you?”  I quivered my fingertips cold and shaking.  What has my life come to?  Do I know anyone that’s really what they appear to be?  “Poor baby, you know from each of our clans only one child of the age of thirteen has its powers awoken that early in each decade.  Most wait till their 18.  We should be honored.”  No. no .no he didn’t say we. Right then I lost control for a second but quickly found myself again level-headed.

            Then the worse happened he tilted his head back and laughed.  He laughed until it turned into screeching and I found myself faced against an eagle slightly smaller then the others I’ve seen.  I didn’t want to change into my lion form.  However, I felt out of control hearing a roar inside my head my instincts seemed to take over.  ‘Oh look Jimbo looks all grown up, but really can’t you at least brush your mane it looks ratty’ Still making jokes even when the animals inside us wanted to tear each other’s throats out: typical Cody.  With him sending more taunts in my direction he flew up and perched on a branch.  ‘I’m gonna get you’  with that what was left of my friend left that body he flew down claws outstretched ready to kill me.

            What was left of our friendship in my heart died then too?  I leapt at my assailant teeth bared; eyes glimmering with the thrill of the hunt.  We crashed together my upper body nailing into his torso while my legs shot back too far causing us to become a ball.  We bite, and raked each other as we fell through the cool summer air.  It was eerie how peaceful these woods were ten minutes ago. The moment my tail touched the earth I broke apart from him flipping away and skidding back on my feet.  He whipped his wings open halting himself from plummeting towards the cold mossy ground. In no less than an instant I was hurtling towards him.  I slammed my paws down on his wings causing him to go into a blind frenzy.  Unfortunately he slashed me across the shoulder in his hope for defense.  Unintentionally I staggered back and boy was that a mistake.  Soon I had talons wrapped around my head and one poking my chest while I lay stunned on the ground.   I muttered a curse.  How did he slam into me so fast.  He was quite experienced now that I think of it.  Where did he learn how to fight?  ‘Now, now, now cat got your tongue?  Or maybe eagle got your face would be better in this situation.’  He was sarcastic as ever but it seemed… frightening now that I think about it.  ‘G-go to hell you bloody bird’ Then a mighty roar shook through the woods.  But it wasn’t coming from me I can assure you.  We both look startled then Cody looked completely terrified. 

            ‘Well it’s been fun chatting tell the family I said hi.’  On that odd comment he flew away faster then I could hope to catch him.  Six lions walked into the campsite before me.  Huge lions twice my size, but one bigger than the rest led the V formation walking before me.  He spoke out to me.  ‘Welcome child.  You are home now.  You are with your clan.’

Whaaapaa didn’t see that coming alright don’t forget like vote fan thanks ya’ll peace.