Fever Rising

Chapter one: The reality

All around me.

 Everywhere laid the carnage I had unleashed into this now damp choking air.  Torn fragments of their clothing swirled around me.  The bodies held deep slashes.  Cuts of something a man could never craft.  Taunting me.  Relishing the fact they can haunt me.  I looked down at the face cold and lifeless staring back up at me.  Fifteen of them tried to take me down, tried to hunt me like I was on a game trail.  Enough hiding from the Cara’s, enough. 

            I’ve worn the same clothes for a week and a half now.  My simple old billabong t-shirt draped across my body.  Wavy white lettering surfed across the upper portion of the shirt.   My muscles rippled underneath the shirt causing it to be tight and stretched.  My new board shorts green, gray, and brown shades checkered it entirely; I wasn’t known to match my clothing.  I wore that on the day everything changed.  The day I learned I was different.  The day I was nicknamed Holland’s Roar,

But here I am a week and a half earlier go-karting with my friends enjoying myself.  Wind tousling my hair thick and untamed; eyes set on the goal piercing and unreadable; the only thing showing my amusement was my mouth upturned and open laughter dancing across my tongue.  I looked back at my best friend trailing a little ways behind me obviously annoyed.  “Eh, Cody gotta keep up man, I thought you became an expert driver from your trip in the Philippines?” I said furthering his frustration.

“Man this is rigged!  Your car is way faster! Jimmy you always find a way to win.”  Cody replied smoothly. I crossed the finish line cruising to victory.

            The rest of my friends piled out of the tiny karts all forming up in a line laughing and giggling. All except Cody who walked out with a sly smile on his face then patted me on the back.  Cody was an average height Asian kid with dark hair that spiked up in the front.  He was always fashionable he had twenty three pairs of shoes and counting, and he was a little on the fluffy side.  Basically he was my opposite.  I was modest, serious, but still comical.  He was lighthearted, laid back, and sarcastic.  My friends listed off as Fatima and Angelica two Asian girls that were a little shorter; Hayley who had long chestnut hair and tanned skin; Nick who was skinny and lean but one still not to underestimate; finally Melissa and Andrea Melissa whose pale complexion differed greatly from Andrea’s south American heritage. 

            As they all complained about how they’ll do better next time a screech rattled my eardrums.  I whipped around it sounded like no human scream.  Almost like…a birds’. i heard a sound that had to be my imagination.  the swoosh sound of air being pushed under a birds' wings. Then the biggest eagle I’ve ever seen dropped in front of me. and picked up a little boy who looked purely innocent.  I looked behind at my friends. Their faces all looked horrified.  I hated when my friends were hurt or in trouble. i had no i was goingg to stop this craziness.  Except I wasn’t my skin it felt hot.  Actually it felt like it was on fire.  I just felt mad.  Almost annoyed.  What the freak did this oversized rat with wings think it was doing scaring everyone like this?  I despised this bird.  Subconsciously I dropped down on my hands.  My eyes flickering shut tightly.  I gaped my mouth wide my teeth beaming.  Then my skin felt like liquid flames.  I tickled all over. I felt my skin grow heavier. i gained more fat along my stomach trim.  My teeth felt like they were being ripped out by the tooth fairies stockbroker.  My hair felt well more like the opposite of after you get a haircut.  Out of my rear I felt something forming…I could move it.  It felt like a huge super flexible index finger.  I was a lion.  I unsheathed my claws.  This form felt so natural; so unrestricted.  I felt like I was going to teach this bird a lesson.  My new muscles tensed I was ready to pounce.

So yea this is my first book…ever if I get like 5 votes ill make another chapter who knows maybe ill get more but really tell me what I should do to improve.  Give me feedback after all this is all for you guys reading. Vote fan yadda yadda