Part Five - Signing in

We finally reach the justice building exhausted and panting just as the siren screams out over District 2.  I look at Cato, filthy and his clothes soiled and stained, I glance at the children arriving, clean and polished. I panic knowing we’d be spotted by someone from the missing poster I saw on the way to the justice building if we changed into normal clean clothes we wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb. Cato must have had the same idea because he grabs my hand again and leads me to the clothing shop just around the corner from my home, I mean my old home, the woods is my home now, where I belong. We look through the clothes searching for something suitable to wear to the every approaching reaping. I spot an electric blue dress with turquoise crystals at dotted around the bottom however it is slightly shorter than the dresses I would normally wear so I let go of the hem when I feel him breathing deeply in  my ear.

“You’d look so beautiful in that” he whispers and I smile, turning around to face him and I plant a light kiss of his lips.

“I found these, what do you think?” he asks holding up a light blue shirt and black trousers and I nod.

“They look great” I reply and a mischievous smile flashes across his lips.

He lowers his voice and says “You ready” I don’t have time to reply so I nod again and we burst into a run, out the door before anyone can stop us and run until we’re sure no one is following us, we slow to a walk and turn onto an abandoned alleyway where we stuff our old ragged clothes into a sack Cato had found near the bins and we change into our stolen goods, we try and rub off allthe dirt we can from our face. Cato comes over to me, lick shis finger and starts to wipe away the dirt, his thumb rubbing my face softly but it still feels lik ethere's some romance in this action. We make our hair as presentable as possible andas soon as we’ve slipped them on our shoes, mine with slight difficulty but without Cato noticing, the siren screams like a small child crying for help but it’s robotic. The siren sends a shiver down my spine and I look at Cato, tying up his shoe lace and he lifts his head to look at me, he stands up straight and takes my hand, giving it a light squeeze of encouragement then he leads me to the justice building and fade into the ghostly crowds of people and we only split to sign in.  I dread signing in, the robotic hand and voice, the electric zap that makes your blood flow, the electronic bleeps.  When I’ve signed in the nerves take over the buzz that was inside me from the run earlier and my hands start to shake slightly, I slap my left hand and try to hide it as I see Cato making a bee line for me. I try to look like I don’t care but I don’t think it works because he gives me a worried look and pulls me off to the side. He looks me straight in the eye with his beautiful dreamy blue eyes as he brushes away a stray hair and strokes my cheek.

“I’m ok" I stutter and I lace my fingers around his strong ones, for a minute I’m surprised because I forgot how  physically impressive he, how strong he is, how safe I feel when I’m with him, and I pull him to the separated groups of girls and boys, I kiss him passionately and he returns the kiss before I let him go.

"Let's just get this over with and then we can escape again, just you and me.” he says to me, trying to relax me as much as he can, I smile gratefully, I wrap my arms around his neck, avoiding the looks we get and we hug. Cato rests his face on my neck, he kisses it and then makes his way up to my face, just like we used to do, we stand there for a good few minutes before the peacekeepers start to push us into our areas.

“See you soon, I love you” I say to him before he starts to walk off.

“I love you too, more than you know” he replies, ever the romantic. He flashes a  that famous quick smile then he disappears to greet a group of boys, I recognise one of them, Lenox, I suddenly feel bad for separating Cato from his friends and family.

*~*~*~*~*~

Please VOTE

Please COMMENT

Please ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING :*

A/N

Yush I apologise for yet another short update, really. I hope I've turned some of you guys reading that hated Cato before into someone that loves Cato like I do now :).

The pic is of Cato's best friend Lennox, lap it up guys.

soapybubbles