Part Two - Banished love

We enter the building, labelled Tribute Training Academy, hand in hand, avoiding contact with the gawping people. We kiss and split off, I see my trainer looking at me in a strange way and I groan inwardly, I forgot that I wasn't going, Cato made me forget. I head over to him, not daring to look into those, now, creepy eyes. I tell myself that the better I am today, right now, the quicker I can leave. I pick up the knife, it feels like a part of me. I glance at my trainer, waiting for him to point at a target but he points at a stand of bow and arrows. Of course, I forgot today was the  day I was going to be learning archery, all careers needed more than one weapon to greaten their chances of becoming a victor.  I feel Cato’s eyes resting on me, as I try to make archery look like second nature to me so he doesn’t think I’m pathetic.  After a few hours Cato’s sword training finishes so he watches my shooting then he comes up to me, not a bead of sweat drips down his god like body, his breathing is normal, not like someone who has been viciously decapitating straw dummies for 2 hours. He wraps his arms around my waist and reaches for my arms, he turns my body sideways and pulls my right arm up to shoot.

“Take your time, make the string touch the tip of your nose, steady yourself, relax, breath out then shoot.” He instructs me. Relax? Relax? How do I relax when finally my feelings towards him are mirrored back? I push those questions out of my head and focus on my breathing. In, out, in, out then bang as the arrow hits the target and I stare at it in surprise at how close the arrow is to the bulls eye, I turn around to see Cato’s smiling face, I return his smile.

“Now that’s better, huh?”  he says almost singing it, I don’t reply I just reach up and  push my lips onto his, when we break up for breath he looks at me with a concerned look on his face.

"Ok that's it. You're dismissed. Oh and Cato, I think I am capable of teaching my own students, but thanks for your unwanted input." My trainer buts in, fury written on his face. He gives me one last glare before he turns on his heels, shouts out a name which I don't hear and storms away from us. I'd totally forgotten all about him, I hadn't even noticed he was here. He looks back as us and  sends a sour look at Cato, obviously my trainer thought of me more than his student, my mind flashes back to what Astria said.

“You look tired” Cato whispers, breaking my flashback, which I'm grateful for.  I realise that all the events of the day had turned into sheer exhaustion. I nod trying to conserve energy for the long walk home. He kisses my neck softly and I feel his hands curve around my legs, I freeze wonder what he’s doing then I feel my whole body lift of the floor and into the warmth of his body.

“I’ll carry you home, ok” he says softly, almost too quite that I can’t hear it. He carries me silently through the streets of District 2 to my home near the justice building, my father is a head peacekeeper so he needs to be in the centre of our District. All I can hear is the slight whistle of the wind brushing it's fingers through my hair  and Cato’s breath breathing out warm air into the slightly cold autumn evening. Moonlight perfectly shines on him, looking like a male angel, the thought makes me laugh but he doesn't seem to notice.  Finally we reach my front door, disappointed as I never wanted this night to end, my hands move down his chest as he slides me slowly back down onto the floor, he kisses me passionately and starts to say.

“You’re so..” then the front door opens and my father steps out. Both of us freeze, our hands entangled in each other's bodies, not knowing what to do; to pretend nothing happened and part or hope my father leaves us alone. However I know my father, the anger plastered on his face looks like it's about to explode, spraying fiery anger at us. My heart sinks and I look at the floor, I know that he wants something, something I have to do despite my arguments. I don't argue with him anymore, when I was smaller he never lost his temper as much as he does now, but year by year the patience would crumble, and with that came the endless shouting, furious red faces and recently the hard slaps across the face and the taste of blood. 

“Clove, indoors now.” I obey knowing the horrible consequences that follow if I don’t do his every command, I shudder of the thought. I give Cato a sorry look in my eyes hoping that he knows that I didn’t want to go inside. I step into the warmth of my hall and stand cowardly behind my father like a small frightened child.

“You stay away from my daughter. I’ve already lost one of the people I love to you Ludwigs I’m certainly not losing another.” I feel like my father is punching Cato with every word he spits.

“I’m sorry I didn’t realise.” Cato says sadly, avoiding eye contact with anyone and to be honest I’m glad because I’m certain if he looked me in the eye right now I would burst into floods of tears as my father kills all my dreams about my future with just one short sentence that doesn’t make sense at all. Cato nods solemnly and silently walks off into the sunset in the horizon and watch him until he is just a dot, knowing that I will never see him , never see his cheeky grin ,never feel his lips on mine  ever again.

*~*~*~*~*~

Please VOTE

Please COMMENT

Please ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING :*

A/N

Yush i'm sorry, please don't put me in the hunger games. Wait till next update so see what happens.

The picture is of Clove's creepy trainer so enjoy

soapybubbles