Dreamboats and Petty... revelations

Enjoying?

Please, please, please, Vote!

Fan!

Comment!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was an almost overwhelming light, it filtered through my eyelids with a strength and flame so bright I thought I may burn up. My body didn't hurt any more and my head had ceased it's constant thud. I couldn't move either though, it was like I was trapped with invisible bonds, my leg not even twitching when I put all of my effort into moving it. My hands felt as if they were weighted down at my sides but there was no weight crushing down on them. The only thing I could feel was the soft, musical beat of my heart. My heart that was dying where it laid. If it wasn't already. Maybe it wasn't even my heart... I wasn't sure anymore.

slowly, like when grey, heavy clouds gather over head, a scene faded into view. I couldn't describe it as it wasn't any one thing. It was incredible, nothing like I ever have or ever will witness in my life. Everything was pale and serene but that was the only thing I could pin down about it... because it changed. Scenes and imaginings twisted and morphed around me, slowly, like a trickle of water fills up a mug. It went from extravagant buildings to extravagant scenery but nothing that I recognised from my mortal world. But who was to say this was a mortal world...

I didn't know if my eyes were open or closed, my mind too closely mixed with reality and pretence to distinguish the difference. I also didn't know if my body did it or not but, I found myself stood up, still though, numb to the feel of this fantastical place around me.

Suddenly I found figures around me, talking but making no sound... except for one. They all wore robes, or were they in normal clothes? They changed like the place around me, from kings of the middle ages to street people to angelic looking gentlemen to-

Were they angels?! They took one every shape and form but each of them were beautiful. Each of them had an aspect or feature of people I knew from back home. They had eyes so deep they could have been any colour and hair so thick and lustrous that each shade managed to hide amongst the curls and strands. I felt as if I knew all of them but none of them were immediately familiar... except for one.

He stepped forward, my stomach knotting up and heart - yes, this definitely was my heart - quickening.

"Daughter." He smiled, all traces of death and destruction gone. I wanted to run and hug him, touch his hands once more, just have one last embrace. I wanted to call him 'daddy' just one more time. But I couldn't. I couldn't move. My panic and hurt was mirrored in his deep eyes but not like mine. It held a different worry. A worry that lingered from his death.

'Daddy.' I mouthed, but no words came out, if my lips even moved.

"Tessa, my daughter. I'm save. Your mother is safe. Why is it you that is in danger?" He asked, hair lightly ruffled by a non existent breeze and eyes sad.

Hot tears ran down my face, but they weren't wet, they were ghostly and evaporated almost as soon as they hit the air. I could talk now.

"Daddy." I cried quietly, my throat dry with a lump that should have been there. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Tessa. As long as your safe... and happy. Are you happy?" He asked, and sighed as I shook my head in a silent reply.

"Matt?" He asked. "Tessa. You will get him back... What I mean to say is, are you happy in the gang? Are you as happy as I was in the gang?"

I froze, my already still body seeming to dry up and stop with electric speed.

"W-what?" I stammered, mouth hardly moving.

"Tessa, you cannot say you haven't guessed yet..." He smiled lightly, that smile though, not reaching his fathomless eyes. "I'm sorry about the crash... it was all my fault-"

"No! You can't blame your self dad-!" I interrupted him but instead he interrupted me.

"Yes I can. You have to listen." He said, that familiar authority dragging from my imagination. His words silenced my crying arguments, body tired, mind yet to be drained.

"Dad, please..." I sighed, giving up, my shoulders slumped dejectedly as the others around me seemed to fade in and out of view, my eyes not sure of who was where and what was who. "Don't blame your self, you can't." I mouthed, one last lame attempt at communicating. I couldn't tell him what I really wanted to though. I couldn't hug him tightly. My feet wouldn't move just like my father was stubborn yet wonderful.

"But I can... I shouldn't have been in the gang. Ask Craig. Ask Lilly. Ask Matt. Think of how I died Tessa. A car crash. You have to remember." His voice faded, as the walls of imagery and imagination began to evaporate from around me turning into a slurred mess of whirling dervish and pure white.

"Dad!" I tried to shout, my insides feeling numb and my mind overwhelmed with confused revelations that didn't seem to fit into the right places yet. Nothing worked! How was this possible? What had happened to me? What had happened to dad? Was I going crazy? H-

Shit!

Was I dead?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a short chapter but never mind! Did you read the first book in this series?? I suggest you do... it may give you a clue!! Hope you enjoyed it :)

Thanks for reading,

Lovee Evie xx