Love Over Friendship.

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers."

- M. Scott Peck

I woke up feeling awkward and uncertain, I'd been texting Shay all night and from what I understood yesterday meant a lot to her, maybe more than what it meant to me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up on my bed. "Uqh" I thought, I'm going to see Kyree today and after the kiss yesterday I don't really know what to think.

As I got out the shower Kyree was still on my mind, I could try to avoid him I thought, but thanks to Mr. Hanks class that was just out of the question.

I realized that by ignoring or avoiding him I'd be giving to much importance to the kiss, the last thing I wanted him to think was that I gave a fuck. I was going to act perfectly normal, if he wanted to talk to me great, if not then better.

I had already finished with my hair; I'd decided to just curl it with gel, simple. Normally on the first week of school people tend to still want to show off their new clothes, not me, because the way I saw it by the time the month ended everyone was out of new clothes, yet I still had plenty.

So I threw on some old shorts, a shirt and sandals. My makeup was regular today nothing crazy, foundation, powder and blush. I was ready, I looked at the clock and read 7:11; I was just on, time for once. I grabbed my bag, phone and binder and was out the door. As I ran down the porch stairs I realized I hadn't even said bye to my mother, It's for the best I thought, she hates when I wake her up.

I had to walk a block and a half to get to the bus stop, I usually walked with Annabel but I guess she didn't bother to knock on my door this morning. Almost reaching the bus stop I could see Annabel I could automatically tell it was her just by the way she stood, all slumped forward.

Annabel was an average looking girl, but if you really look at her you could see her awesome qualities. For starters she had long brown wavy hair; (though during the summer it looked more like a dirty blond) she had big boobs and a medium waist, only dilemma to her almost perfect body was she had no ass what's so ever. Although her hazel nut eyes and glowing tan skin made up for the flat butt.

I quickly came back from my train of thought as I crossed the street. I walked towards Annabel with a huge grin, which I quickly realized wasn't being returned; fucks her problem I thought.

"Hey, thanks for knocking on my door this morning, it's much appreciated." I said in my usual sarcastic tone.

"Why should I go out of my way for you, when you can't even be honest with me?" she said in angry yet hurt way.

"Um, do you mind filling me in on what exactly you're talking about?" I replied puzzled.

"I mean I guess I have to since you're playing stupid. Remember that kid Jaime I've been telling you about?"