First Step To Confustion

It was 8th period already. Time went flying, thank God i thought. I was nowhere near as excited as i thought I’d be. I had a few classes with some friends but they had nothing to tell, I had spent the whole summer with them already. The bell rang loudly in my ear, I looked up, and of course it was right above me. I gathered my books, grabbed my bag and looked at my schedule “Yes!” I Whispered. I had acting in the auditorium. Finally a fun class and it was 9th period!  I practically ran to class, excited to know who I’d see. I opened the door slowly to build up suspense, and felt stupid when all I saw where empty chairs and Mr. Hank with a clip board.

“Ahh, René” he exclaimed overly excited. “How was your summer?” He asked.  

Hmm, how was my summer I thought beach, amusement parks, liquor, friends, and more liquor.

“Umm, it was great, mostly at the beach.” I smiled at him. Then I realized he was looking past me to the other students entering the room.

As the room got crowded we all took seats, it was the auditorium so we all sat where we pleased.

 Mr. Hank began to talk, “I hope this year goes great, I have many things planned for us and I’m very excited -“

“Sorry sir is this acting class?” a low yet soft voice asked.

Everyone turned around to see who it was, I didn’t have to. . . I knew exactly who it was.

 “Oh, I’m glad you could join us, your name?”

“Kyree Ore” he said.

I sunk in my chair hoping he hadn’t seen me.

”Oh yes Mr. Ore, Please have a seat and please learn to be on time” Mr. Hank said.

I heard Kyree’s footsteps approaching my row. Great, I thought. He plotted himself next to me.

“Sheesh René you just can’t stay away can you?” He whispered.

“Is my passion for you that obvious?” I replied sarcastically.

“I’m afraid it is, but don’t worry the feelings mutual” he smirked and put his arm around me.

“Oh my God, is it really? This is like a dream come true Kyree interested in ME! “I said in an overly excited tone.

He smiled. I loved it when I made him smile, not many people could.

“I love your sarcasm” he said in a bored tone.

“I bet you do, now shut up and stop distracting me” I replied coldly.

He smirked. “Everyone else seems to be ignoring me just fine, maybe you just can’t” he grinned and turned his focus on Mr. Hank.

I didn’t respond, I was going to prove to him that I could ignore him. The period went on clearly not as fast as I thought it would. We remained seated the whole period listening to Mr. Hank talk about what we were going to do, but for some reason not yet doing.

Kyree had stopped talking and was now texting which bothered me, I leaned a bit to see who he was talking to I read “Wifey” he was talking to Trina. I felt a big pain in my chest; I looked away holding back tears. Even when we were together he never put me under anything but my name, as insignificant as it might be it hurt me … a lot.

The bell rang and we all got up and headed for the door.  Someone grabbed my hand as I walked out, I turned around to see Kyree “By the way, you admitted I was a distraction to you” he smiled and kissed me. I kissed him back. Then his phone rang, he kissed me one last time and walked off. I turned around everyone had left… he still choses to keep me a secret I thought. “Nothing’s changed” I whispered. I wiped my eyes and walked out. So much for a “new” start. . .