The pond (4)

I woke up with an arm around my hips and popcorn scattered all over. I hardly remember anything that happened last night and my head was hurting really bad. I got up and saw Carter holding to my hips so I lifted his hand up and got up. I picked out a pair of shorts with jewels around the pocket and a shirt that had "I'm a 90s kid" printed in big letters. It was true, I was your average 90s kid and I loved it. I quickly slipped into my clothes thinking that Carter couldn't see me.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Oh gosh! Did u see me changing?!?"

"No babe calm down!! Why don't we go to the pond and feed the ducks, aye?"

"Ok."

He got his clothes on and we quickly ran out side to go to a pond about a mile away, we loved going there to feed the ducks

"Uh oh, I forgot the bread, I'll be right back."

I rushed back inside and figured to just pack and placket and some chips to munch on while we feed the ducks. I tried to hurry or else Carter would get tired of waiting. I looked out the window and saw Carter talking to the boy next door! They were getting along so well. My heart started to race rapidly. I walked outside acting like nothing is wrong and they welcomed be with a warm smile.

"Oh so you two have met?"

"Yup, we were just heading to a pond, wanna come?"

"Sure, why not?"

Uh oh, dream boy is coming?!

This didn't feel right. I didn't like the sound of this but ok.

"So how did you guys meet?" I questioned

"Carson was just waiting for you and I stepped out to talk."

"Oh, that's nice."

We walked until we got to the pond and the boys were chattering the whole way there. They didn't really seem to notice I was even there.

"Here we are." I said happily and ran to feed the ducks.

The boys picked up the basket and layered the blanket on the floor. They started eating the chips. They seemed to have get along really well! It was odd because Carter was more of the shy type than the friendly one. Suddenly  Carter got a call and had to step out and started walking away far. It got really awkward and I broke the silence.

"So how was the kissing booth?"

"Very good actually, I made 250 dollars."

"Wow, that's a lot of kissing."

"Yeah I guess."

"Oh I never did get your name did I?

"Oh, sorry! I'm Riley."

"I love your name!"

"Thank you."

***

We talked for about two hours and Carter sill wasn't here. I called him and he didn't answer. Suddenly I saw Riley getting so close to me. He held my hand and I wanted to hesitate but I didn't. he closed his eyes and leaned over to me. I closed my eyes as well and I don't know why but he gave me the urge to. His lips were so pink and soft. I couldn't resist. He kissed me and it felt so good! His touch was so soft and it made me forget about Carter. He lifted me on his laps but then I pushed him away.

"I'm sorry, I cant do this to Carter."

"Why? He left you. he didn't even tell you who called and where he was going."

"He probably had something to do."

"And he couldn't take five seconds to tell you?"

"True."

"Well lets take you home."

"K"

We walked home in silence and I finally got home and realized that tomorrows my  sixteenth birthday! I can finally start working and the lady from the mall let me work there. The next day, my mom walked in and gave me a big present and sang me happy birthday with eggs and bacon in a plate.

"Thank you so much mom. I love you"

"I love you too baby. Good luck on your first day of work!"

She left the room and I gobbled my food quickly. I put on my clothes and a small layer of make up. I then went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I ran out and walked to the mall. I got there and got to work. My job was so easy, I just had to sell and watch over the store. The day past by so quickly and I started to walk home. I past the park and saw a tall figure with a small figure and I realized it was Carter with a girl and they were making out. They both got in his car and drove off. I felt my legs fall I didn't wake up

Authors note; Cliff hanger aye! Sorry for the late update :( I'll update when I can