Alone in the Bayou

"Hey chère, can I get another round for my table over there?" One of the regular customers came up to the bar and asked. 

            "Sure thing Jim, just give me one minute and I'll bring it right over." I told him with a smile on my face. He returned the smile nodding his head and made his way back to his table.

I hurriedly fixed the two remaining customers their drinks and got Jim's table their drinks ready. Making my way to his table I looked around at the overcrowded bar. I was so ready for this night to end, it's been a long weekend already and it's only Saturday. Taking a quick glance at my watch it was now Sunday.

"Here you are Jim." I said setting the tray of drinks down at their table. "Last round is on me. Y'all need to get out of here so I can leave." I told the four men jokingly.

Jim held up his hand in a stopping motion. "I will not have a woman buy me a drink unless she wants to take me home for the night." He said winking at me. "But for you darling, I will buy this here round and then we'll see you next weekend."

"Sounds good to me boys." I told them winking at them all and headed back to the bar.

"Looks like it's going to be another long night Rylie." The other bartender told me once I got back behind the bar. Her name was Casey and she had long blonde hair unlike my medium length black hair. She was shorter than my five foot nine self. The boss only hired attractive women, it was actually his motto. He says we bring in more customers, and also more fights. Which is why he hired some muscle around the place. Our newfound bouncer was tall and built like a brick wall; and currently in my way.

"Jake you need to get out of my way I'm working here." I told him not being pleased with the way he's been acting. He's been trying to get with me since the moment he saw me, and he's quite relentless. I pushed past him from behind the bar but he grabbed me by the arm turning me around forcefully.

"Come on just one night, I promise it will be worth your while." He said giving me a creepy smile still holding onto my arm tightly.

I tried to refrain from hitting him as I gritted my teeth. "Look I don't know what kind of girl you think I am, but when I say no I mean no. It won't matter if you ask me ten years from now, my answer is still going to be no. Now please move." I said the last bit in a nice tone, but he still didn't move.

Before I could even pull my fist back to punch him, a pale hand appeared on his shoulder. "I suggest you take your hands off of her if you want to keep them." A very sexy voice spoke on the side of Jake. I turned towards the speaker and a chill went down my spine when I met his eyes. He was the most handsome man I've ever seen.

His skin was pale but not overly so; his jet black hair was tousled as if he'd just gotten out of bed. His eyes were to die for as I was hypnotized by their sparkling blue. I had a sudden fantasy of those eyes looking down on me in bliss, and I couldn't help the way my body reacted. He visibly inhaled and I watched his pupils dilate.

Our stare off was interrupted by Jake laughing. "You do realize I work here don't you, and her as well. The boss wouldn't believe I had done something like this anyways. I mean who would believe a slut over me?" He questioned feeling smug.

Before he could even blink after he got that sentence out, my fist swung up into his face. I felt and heard a satisfying crunch as his nose broke beneath my fist. He let go of my arm instantly and fell on his knees crying like a baby.

I pointed my finger in his face. "I better not ever hear that word directed at me again." I snarled in his face as he whimpered. "Now go home to your Momma little boy." With that I turned on my heel and started wiping off tables like I was going to. I could feel my torn knuckles knitting themselves back together as I wiped.