Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After a quick refreshment break, we went back to chopping wood outside. We worked in silence, although my eyes kept drifting to his sweat clad body, and I could feel his eyes on me from time to time. It would have gone faster had I a chainsaw, but I only had the necessities and bare minimum luxuries.

"You know, I saw that wolf that you were talking about when you had gone inside." His deep voice broke the silence.

I put my axe down and sat on the ground leaning back into the tree that I just finished cutting the branches off. "Oh yeah? Did she come out of the woods?" I asked him, already knowing the answer.

"She did." He nodded and put his axe down as well. "She came right up to me, and let me pet her."

"Figures. She must have just been being nosey." I could feel the sweat dripping down my neck, and could practically see through his white shirt from his own sweat. "We can stop for today. I honestly didn't think we would get to this much." I glanced at the stack of firewood on the side of the house that I had already stacked from his splitting. We worked well together, too bad this was only temporary.

He nodded in answer and went to stack the wood that I hadn't gotten to. I was wondering when he was going to bring up his "dad", not that I would know anything about it. "So, when do you have to go back to town?" He asked me after he was finished.

"Probably not until I need to go to work Thursday. Did you need to go?" I asked leaning my head back on the tree. I was in the shade of the other trees, so could look up at the clouds slowly moving by. It was supposed to be a cool day, but like normal Louisiana weather it turned out to be hotter than hell.

He took a minute to answer, but I could feel his eyes on my neck. It was a weird hungry sensation that I could feel pass over my skin. I tried not to think about it, but my hormones were starting to get the best of me. "I was going to look for work, but it can wait until you go. I have enough money saved up."

"Okay, no problem. You are more than welcome to take old sally out for a drive if you need to. Just don't get her stuck, because I can't afford a tow truck to get her out." He didn't answer but I had a feeling he nodded in reply. I could tell that he didn't like to talk much.

I could barely hear him moving towards me through the tall grass that needed a cut, even with my enhanced hearing. He was almost gliding over the ground, but I pretended not to hear. I closed my eyes as he neared, and clenched my legs as the need started to intensify. He inhaled deeply, and let out a strangled groan that I was confused by. I opened my eyes and he was kneeling right over me, with his hungry eyes trained on my neck. I licked my lips and his eyes quickly moved there, barely registering surprise before I grabbed him behind the neck and leaned forward, pressing our lips together.

It was like an explosion of sensations went off, and we were in a heated kiss that he quickly took control off. He was nipping and licking my lips asking for entrance which I quickly gave, and then I felt something sharp slice my lip, but that only enhanced the kiss as my blood mingled in his delicious taste. He pulled away and started kissing down my neck going towards my breasts groaning my name.

"Rylie."

Mmm...he sent tingles down my back with the way he breathed my name.

"Rylie." I looked down at him saying my name, and noticed that he had two fangs and his eyes were blood red. Before I could comprehend what was happening he bit into my left breast with a savage growl.

I shot up gasping for breath. Looking around me, my mind started to uncloud. Liam was standing a few feet from me with a heated look, almost like he knew what I had been dreaming.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly as I got my breathing under control.

A fleeting look of amusement passed over his face which I scowled at. "I asked if you wanted to go take a shower and we could eat some late lunch."

I looked at the setting sun and raised my eyebrows. I hadn't even realized that I was tired, much less remember falling asleep. "Yeah, let's go. I'm starved." I said hopping up from my uncomfortable position, stretching my arms.

We made our way back to the house in silence, I could feel his eyes on me as I walked and a creeping sensation that I felt like prey. A strange feeling for a predator.