Chapter 9 ~ Birthday Dinner Discussions

[Balz's POV]

"They want us at the offices? For what?" I asked, closing the shop.

"I don't know, but it has to do with Snow's biological mother. They just said something came up," Ryan Ashley said as we headed to our car.

"But what about the shop, and Snow? They could have us there all day," I said. "Ricky and Chris told me just now about some weirdo stalking her school."

"Tomorrow we open and let Eryn, Ricky, and Tina run the shop while we go see what's going on. If it takes too long, Snow will be with Chris or Ghost, she can sleepover. After this, we can look in on that homeless guy thing and handle it. Its got me more worried, too. At least Snow is safe with the headmistress and her uncles," she assures.

I sighed and nodded. "Okay. Okay. We don't have to worry about that much, then, unless it gets out of hand. But I'm worried... What if they take her away?"

"They won't. We've been great parents for that little girl, even the social worker said so. You think after being with her, raising her for 10 whole years, they'll just snatch her away from us and tell her that she was found with her dead biological mother near a dumpster and that she's really adopted?" she asked as we climbed into the car. "She'll be traumatized, she'll never be able to overcome that shock."

"I'm gonna hate the day we will have no choice but to tell her the truth," I sighed.

She pursed her lips a little and gripped my hand. "Me, too. Let's just, celebrate another year of having her in our lives."

I nodded. "Alright. Let's make this stop and meet the others at the restaurant," I said.

She nodded. "Alright. Today's supposed to a good day," she smiled as I started the car.

"Exactly," I smiled back as we drove off to cemetery, like we do every year.

[Chris's POV]

"Uncle Chris, where's my mom and dad?" Snow asked as we entered the restaurant.

"Relax, kiddo, they'll be here," I said as we were then escorted to a table, Snow sitting with her friends and chatting with them as they looked through the menu.

Right now everyone, even Angelo and Kelly and the people from S&U, were here, and we were just waiting up on Balz and Ryan Ashley.

"So, wait, FBI offices called S&U?" Vinny asked Ricky, being a little quiet, even though it caught my attention.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know what its about. Just that it has to do with you know what," Ricky said.

"But what could they be?" I asked.

"Maybe.... Maybe they identified Jane Doe," Ricky suggested.

We looked at each other. "We didn't know much about her. Only that she was young, Hispanic, and she had a baby a couple days before we found her," I said. "Anything else is unknown."

"Maybe they found something then," Vinny said.

"Mom! Dad!" Snow suddenly shouted and got up, running over to her father's open arms as he caught her.

"There's my little birthday girl!" Balz laughed as they hugged.

"What took you so long?" she asked as Balz put her down.

"Last minute shoppers," He said. "Hope you saved me and Mommy a seat."

"Yeah, come on," Snow said, taking Balz and Ryan Ashley to the seats next to her and her friends.

"Hey, by the way, we got a big delivery coming in tomorrow, you go home with Uncle Ghost and Auntie Kylie," Ryan Ashley told Snow. "I'll be by to pick you up later on, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."

Soon we got everything ordered and ate, soon bringing a chocolate cake out for Snow and singing happy birthday to her.

It wasn't long until we paid the bill and we were leaving.

[Ghost's POV]

"So, you're gonna be at the offices tomorrow?" I asked Balz as Snow and her friends chatted in the car.

"Yeah. I'll let you know when we'll be out," He said. "I doubt this has to do with Snow. Most likely her mom."

"Just do whatever you gotta do. That woman died in vain, someone deserves to at least know her name or something," I said.

He nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"We should get going. You gotta drop off Margo and Bailey, and me and Kylie got to get home," he said.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll call you if anything comes up," he said.

"Later, brother," I said as we hugged and then left so we can take Bailey and Margo home.

Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow.

~~~~~~~

Picture: Balz & Ryan Ashley ♡

Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! :)

♡~ sapphire.