Chapter 10 ~ Donde Está Mi Hija?!

[Balz's POV]

I pulled up to the school and parked as Snow said bye to Ryan Ashley.

"Bye, Mom," Snow said.

"Bye, sweetie, I'll see you later," she smiled, kissing her cheek.

I smiled as I stepped out, opening the door for her and letting her climb out, holding her hand as we walked over to the school gates.

"Daddy," Snow said, stopping as we made it to the front.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I asked.

"That scary man is over there again," she said nervously.

I then held her shoulders protectively as I looked in the direction she pointed at.

Sure enough, there stood a disturbed looking homeless man, staring right in our direction.

Chris and Ricky were right...

"Come on, I'll take you to class myself. Don't look at him," I said, my arm protectively around her as we hurried inside the building, and I take her to her class.

"Mr. Balz, hello," Snow's teacher greeted.

"Hello, ma'am," I said. "Just dropping off Snow here. Snow, be good, okay?"

She nodded. "I love you, Daddy."

I knelt down and hugged her. "I love you, too."

She let go and hurried to join Margo and some other friends before I turn to her teacher.

"Listen, there's someone who keeps stalking my daughter, some homeless guy. Tell the headmistress to alert the police," I said in a hushed voice.

Her face turned serious as she nodded.

"I have to go. Snow's mother and I have an important errand to attend to. Watch over Snow and her friends, please," I asked.

She nodded. "She's in safe hands."

I nodded and left.

~~~

We arrived to the FBI offices and sign in, getting visitor passes and everything, soon being directed by an agent to the floor we had to go to.

"Agent Fords should be waiting for you in the conference room," The agent said, showing us the door to the conference room.

He opens the door and we walk in.

Once I do, I'm immediately grabbed by the collar of my jacket.

"Donde está mi hija?!" a distressed woman shouted in spanish. (Where is my daughter?!)

"Whoa, what, who are you?!" I panicked, trying to get her off, but that just made her mad and she started to smack me.

Mi hija!! Que hicieron con mi hija?!!" She screamed as Ryan Ashley tried to stop her, but the agent there pulled her back. (My daughter!! What did you do to my daughter?!)

"Señora, por favor, calmase," a woman in a suit said as the agent sat the woman down. (Miss, please, calm down.)

Also in the room was a middle aged white man, and a

"Who is she?" Ryan Ashley asked.

"You are Joshua Balz and Ryan Ashley Malarkey, correct?" the agent said. "I'm Agent Fords, I was assigned to the case involving the woman you found. I called you at work."

We shook hands as we were instructed to sit.

"Now, this is Donovan Holtz from the State Department, and Gloria Villareal, from the Ecuadorian Records Department here in the U.S.," Agent Fords said. "And this is Yesenia Santos, a nurse from Quito, also a mother."

"Hello. Can we ask what's going on?" I asked. "Does this have to do with Snow?"

"Snow?" Yesenia asked in the best English she can manage.

"In a way, yes. Its correct you found the child in her mother's arms, correct?" Agent Fords asked.

We nodded. "Yeah, I was going to shovel snow off the sidewalk and heard the baby crying and found them, mother frozen to dead, bruised horribly, and nobody could identify her."

Ryan Ashley then pulled out her locket and held it up. "She also had this, and her baby," Ryan Ashley said, and then Yesenia shot up.

"ESE ERA DE JULISSA!! ESE MEDALLÓN ERA DE ELLA!!!" She screeched, Gloria holding her down and telling her to calm down. (THAT BELONGED TO JULISSA!!! THAT WAS HER LOCKET!!)

He nodded as the State Department guy, Donovan, pulled something out of a file and handed it to me, seeing it was the photo of a young woman, smiling in a portrait

It was Snow's biological mother.

"Is that the woman you found?" Gloria asked.

"Yes, that's her..." Ryan Ashley said. "We don't understand..."

"This woman, her mother, identified her. Her name was Julissa Consuelo Santos, should have turned 29 this year," Agent Ford said.

Our eyes widen.

This was Snow's biological grandmother... But wait....

The woman, Yesenia, snatched the picture abd held it up to us.

"MI HIJA!!! DONDE ESTA MI HIJA?!!!" She cried out. (MY DAUGHTER!!! WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER?!!)

Gloria held her hand and told her to sit down.

"Señora Santos.... Lamento decirle que... Tu hija fue encontrada muerta," Gloria said. (Miss Santos, I'm sorry to inform you that... Your daughter was found dead...)

Yesenia looked shocked as Gloria spoke.

"Esta pareja la encontro muerta en la nieve cerca de su tienda hace 10 años," Gloria said. (This couple found her dead in the snow near their shop 10 years ago.)

The woman covered her mouth as she sobbed and collapsed to her knees, crying out hysterically.

"JULISSAAAAA!!!" She cried out as she looked up, sobbing as Agent Fords and Gloria tried to console her.

Ryan Ashley held my hand as I saw she was starting to get tears.

I pulled her into a hug as I was still trying to take everything in.

~~~~~~~

Decided to just update this as a freebie since I was bored. :)

♡~ sapphire.