Chapter 18

"What the hell are you doing here?!" cried Wainwright.

Dr. Higgins stood in front of him, a look of pure rage etched onto his face. His face was fiery red and his chest was rising up and down in fury. It was hard to ignore the fact that he was clenching and unclenching his fists, like it was impossible to contain the unlimitable amount of anger inside him.

"You thought I left?! That I ran away like a coward? Maybe that's something you would have done but not me!" Higgins shouted. Wainwright winced. "That's what I was hoping for" he answered back quietly. Snorting through his nose he grabbed his brother by the collar and lifted him off the ground, staring at him dead in the eye.

"If you think I'm going anywhere, then you're damn wrong, little brother," he spat before dropping him to the floor. Wainwright coughed. Elise and Brayden looked shocked as they observed the extent of Higgins' strength. They felt awkward witnessing the feud between the two brothers and the mutual feelings they shared between themselves.

"This just makes me wonder how I was able to knock him unconscious that day at the asylum," Elise whispered to Brayden. Brayden nodded in agreement.

"I know. Unbelievable, right?" Elise pinched him. Wainwright rubbed his neck and coughed. He slowly got up, eyeing his brother, expecting him to lunge himself at him any minute. He looked like he was prepared for another hit. Elise and Brayden took the time to slowly retrace their steps and head back down to the basement.

"You're going to listen to me and we're going to do this my way. Understand?" Higgins poked a finger at his brother's chest just to show who was boss. Wainwright looked up nervously at his brother before visibly gulping. "Do you understand Cedric?" Higgins raised his voice and clenched his fist in front of Wainwright's face. Wainwright nodded his head desperately, anything to stop his brother from harming him. "Good."

                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry, they're going to come down any minute!" Elise cried as Brayden and Seth rapidly untied the binds.

Ms. Simpson was still dead to the world so Leo lifted her. Now, everyone was free but their only way of escape was to go back out of the basement, meaning that they'll most definitely bump into the two mad brothers.

"What should we do?" Seth asked. Brayden thought for a second and spotted the barrels stacked in the corner. His eyes lighted up as a plan unravelled in his head. 

"I think we should break that barrel down. Wainwright looked serious when he said that he'll blow this place up if he had to and Higgins looks no less when it comes to maniacal endings. I think if the petrol spills, at least he'll have a hard time in lighting it up."

Bick nodded."Good idea. Seth and I will break it while you guys think of a way of getting out of here."

Seth found a hammer and smashed the side of the barrel, letting the petrol flow out fast. It splashed onto the floor covering the length of the ground rapidly in it's dark liquid, making it all slippery. Seth slipped clumsily and fell. He gripped onto a table leg and hauled himself up, brushing himself off, pretending nothing happened.

"I know!" Elise cried and jumped up eagerly, nearly falling herself. She held onto the table just in time. 

"Spread the petrol in front of the door so when they arrive they'll fall. We'll have a chance to leave this place and it'll spare us some time!" she said.

"Brilliant!" Leo praised her, his arms now straining under her mum's weight. Seth, Brayden and Bick pushed the barrel in front of the door before tilting it over and allowing the liquid to splash out. Elise jumped up eagerly.

"I suggest we stay clear so we don't get hit when they fall" Seth said. They went to the opposite side of the room. In less than a minute, both brothers barged into the basement. The amount of petrol from the barrel made the men slip on entering and splay their bodies on the floor. Their hands and clothes were covered in petrol, making it difficult for them to have a firm grip.

"Run!" Elise shouted before they all dashed to the door, avoiding the slippery petrol. However Elise and Bick fell and Elise's foot got caught on Wainwright's chin. He groaned in pain. Elise smirked and kicked him in the face, leaving a petrol foot stain.

"Serves you right!" she said before managing to get up and run up the stairs. Wainwright cried at his bad luck. Everything was being ruined for him. They ran up the stairs, Leo panting with the effort. They headed outside. Elise and Seth led the way through the house, passing the kitchen and living room. Elise made sure that the men were still unconscious. One of them was gone.

"Must've gotten away when he had the chance," Seth smirked.

"You did that Elise?!" Bick asked horrified at the bloody nosed man on the floor.

"Yup! You proud of me?" she asked him sarcastically. Bick gulped.

"Uh sure... "He answered uncertainly. Seth and Elise chuckled in glee. They fit their bodies through the small gap now left because of the crashed car, parked in the hallway. All of them left the house only to have shouts thrown at them.

"Halt! Police! Put your hands up where we can see them!"

                                                                 --------------------------------------------

Vote & Comment! :D