Stand By Me (A Harry Styles Fanfic)

Today was my birthday. I've waited for this day since I can remember. I was finally 18. My friend and I promised whenever I was old enough we would go clubbing and get drunk. And since it was Friday, we planned to go to a club tonight.

I sat at the edge of my bed thinking about the outfit I was going to wear for the night, when I suddenly received a text message from my friend Chloe.

"Hi, Sophie. Excited for tonight? Remember to wear your shortest dress, we're going to get some hot boys tonight."

I smiled and stood up to go to my closet. I opened it and took out the short, black dress I bought myself a few weeks ago. Then I went into the bathroom and prepared myself for the night.

When I finished doing my hair and putting on my make-up, the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened the door. In the doorframe stood Chloe in a short red dress and black high heels.

"There is my birthday girl!" she shouted as she opened her arms to pull me into a hug.

"Are you ready, Soph?" she then asked and I nodded and grabbed my pocket. We went to her car and headed to the most wanted club in central London.

When we arrived and got out of the car, I wondered why so many paparazzi surrounded the club. But I tried to ignore them and went with Chloe in the club. As we walked in, the smell of sweating people and alcohol increased inside of me and I felt myself getting more confident when Chloe and I started dancing on the dancefloor while all the boys around were watching us. After a while I felt my throat getting dry.

"I'm gonna get some drinks for us." I said to Chloe. She just nodded and turned around to continue dancing with a stranger.

I went to the bar and sat on one of the seats in front of the counter.

"What would you like?" the barkeeper asked. "One 'Sex on the Beach' and one Coke, please." I respond.

While I was waiting for my drinks I saw that the free seat next to me was now occupied. A tall guy with curly locks was now sitting there.

But wait. I remembered his face. 'Isn't he Harry? Harry Styles from One Direction?' I thought to myself.

I felt like I was in a dream. This couldn't be true.

As I tried to stay as calm as possible, I felt his eyes scanning my body. I was so nervous. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. I always thought he was perfect. I slowly turned my head to face him and now he was directly looking into my eyes. After a few seconds of staring at each other, he started to smile at the ground. I got goosebumps on my arms.

"I'm sorry for staring at you like this" he said with a smirk on his face, "you're just so hot".

My cheeks turned red. His words repeated in my head over and over again. "Thank you. You're not bad either" He let out a quiet laugh. I couldn't stop looking at him, I felt kind of addicted to him.

"Would you like to dance?" he asked leaning closer to me so I could hear him over the loud music.

"Sure" I smiled. He took my hand and guided me on the dance floor. As we reached it we spend some minutes dancing in front of each other but without touching us. He always winked at me when our eyes met. He looked so hot with his tight black jeans and white tank top and his exposed tattoos. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard my favourite song 'I need your love' by Ellie Goulding started playing.

Suddenly, I felt a wave crashing through my body when I realized Harry grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him. I always imagined his hands on me, but I wouldn't show him. 'He won't get me that easy' I thought to myself.

"I just realized I've never got your name" he whispered in my ear after a while.

"I'm Sophie." I whispered back.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl" I blushed again. I enjoyed being hold in his arms. He smelled so good. I wanted this moment to last forever. I closed my eyes and placed my head on Harry's shoulder when I felt a hand wrenched mine and seperated me from Harry. I let out a short scream.

"Chloe what the - " but she cut me off. "Soph we have to go. Now."

"But - "

"I said NOW!" I turned my head to Harry, gave him a confused look and waved him goodbye. I tried to follow Chloe through the massive crowd in the club. When I finally reached the exit I felt a hand pulling me back.

"Sophie you can't just go without promising to meet me again" Harry said looking down at me.

I had to smile again.

"Give me your phone for a second" I looked at him confused but grabbed in my pocket and gave it to him. He took it and typed something in.

"Harry what are you - "

"Sssh, just give me a second."

I've waited until he finished with whatever he was doing.

"Here babe. I saved my number in your contact list. Promise me you'll text me when you get home?"

"I will." He smiled and finally let me go.