Chapter Five

A big thank you to edenlyte for bullying me! (Love ya E!)

CHIPPING AWAY AT THE ICE

15 October 2007

Yuu wasn't Kyouya's biggest fan, and he was sure it was blatantly obvious. So, when Kyouya came up to him, seemingly unprompted, Yuu was certainly confused.

Kyouya pushed his glasses up his nose as he opened the black notebook in his hand, scanning over whatever was written in it—Yuu didn't care enough to be curious.

Raising an eyebrow, Yuu glanced up at the other. There was an unsettling look in Kyouya's eye, one that Yuu found quite unnerving.

"I've taken notice of the increase of clientele since your arrival," Kyouya explained intimidatingly. Yuu immediately looked down and scuffed his shoe against the cherry tile, leaving a dark mark behind. "The guests really seem to enjoy seeing you interact with Tamaki—they like that brotherly interaction."

"What are you getting at?" Yuu could barely find his voice; it's small, barely above a whisper—or at least it felt that way.

"You have an excellent academic record, Yuukou, plus you have a steadily increasing fan club—both qualities not to overlook when it comes to this club. I've concluded that you'd be the perfect final addition—"

Yuu couldn't listen to that anymore. "No."

He looked appalled by Yuu's response. "Excuse me?"

"No," Yuu said again, slightly louder than earlier but still not looking the upperclassmen in the eye. His posture was quite poor as he crossed one arm to hold the other. "I mean, I appreciate your offer, I-I really do Kyouya-sempai. I just—I don't think I'm rea-ready for club activities."

He didn't even want to be there in the first place.

"I see." He closed the notebook in his hand with a snap, causing Yuu to finally glance up. "But I'm sure you'll change your mind quick enough."

Yuu shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He glanced at the clock on the wall as if it could offer him any help—it was something to focus on. He feigned interest in one of the twins walking by. But even so, that didn't last long.

Kyouya didn't offer any relief. His eyes were dark, almost ominous. It wasn't even an I-hate-you kind of stare either; it was more like a do-what-I-say-or-I'm-taking-you-down stare.

"I've looked into your records, Yuukou. And you've piqued my interests," he said. "You've got quite a secret past, don't you? Very mysterious. Your medical records were very hard to gain access to, especially those private documents, such as those items from your old psychiatrist. Which, by the way, were very interesting."

Yuu took a step back, eyes widening and mouth falling open.

Kyouya knew.

Kyouya fucking knew.

Everything.

To be honest, Yuu was having a hard time processing new information. He needed to sit down or lean against something for some kind of support.