Tension. I'm acting like I don't have feelings.

Recap: Alek watched Chloe say something to Amy, and smirked to himself. That girl could never remember he could hear almost everything. Maybe it was wrong to have been listening in on the conversation, but Alek knew Chloe's eyes had been on him since they walked into lunch. His had been on her, but naturally, he was just more slick about it.

What was it gonna take to get that girl alone? Alek wondered.

*********************************

Chloe sat in class, impatiently staring at the clock. She could hear it's ticking, and it was making her more annoyed than anything. Ten seconds...five seconds...Freedom! She bolted out of her seat and into the hallway, Amy screaming behind her.But Chloe didn't have time to listen. She had a lot on her mind and she needed to get OUT.

"Chloe, Chloe wait!" Amy yelled, and Chloe turned, resisting the urge to roll her eyes a little. "Where are you-" Chloe cut her off.

"Sorry, can't talk now. I need to get home. Bye!" Chloe called as she walked away. Out the doors, she speed walked own the street until she came to an alley. Jumping up on fire escapes she reached the rooftops, running towards work.She didn't want to go, but anything was better than school right now.

******************

Where was she? Alek could have sworn he saw Chloe leave, but why so fast? He walked out onto the street, insinctively looking up. It wasn't like Chloe to disappear from school without telling him or Jasmine or Amy where she was going. She knew they were there to protect her. Walking down the side walk, he caught sight of her jumping over rooftops. Good old Chloe.

Chloe kept running and running as fast as she could, the wind whipping her blonde hair out behind her. Suddenly, she fould herself on the edge of a building. The very edge. Without the momentum, she couldn't make it across to the next rooftop. She was about to step down from the ledge when she heard someone behind her.

Alek stood there, arms crossed, waiting for Chloe to realize she wouldn't be able to jump. When she did, Alek snuck up closer and grabbed her hand, pulling her down. She gasped in suprise as she fell ontop of him. Alek smirked as he took in the position. Chloe scoffed abruptly and pushed herself off him,turning away.

"Awe, c'mon sweetie. No need to act like that," Alek drawled in his British accent. Chloe pretended she hadn't heard him and went on her way looking for another way across the rooftops.

She finall made it across, Alek on her heels.

"Are you going to harass me as I work, too?" Chloe asked, turning to face the blonde boy in front of her. Alek shrugged and grinned.

Chloe ignored everything and everyone around her as she went on putting clothes on racks and fixing table arrangements. Alek was watching her from the cafe across the store. His eyes followed every move she made, and instead of finding it creepy, Chloe was secretly flattered by he attention. It seemed like the more she pushed him away, the more he kept coming back.

Lana threw Chloe the keys and asked her to lock up for the night. As soon as the brunette girl walked out of the store Alek took his chance to corner Chloe.

"Why do you hate me so much?" He asked her, leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his broad chest. Chloe lets her head fall back and she sighs in annoyance.

"Actually, Alek," She begins, not looking up from her work of tagging new inventory. "I don't hate you. It's the exact opposite actually. But, I do, however loathe the cockiness you possess every waking hour of your life." At this Chloe looks up, smiling mockingly at him. Alek can't help but look at her in amazement. The first girl to tell him off, besides Jasmine. He should be mad, right? Instead he found it kind of...hot.

"Well, Ms. Chloe, it's not every waking hour for your information. It's more like all the time," Alek says, smirking at her. Chloe shook her head and turned away. Alek grabbed her waist and spun her around so their bodies where in contact.

"Ya know, King, I think there's a lot more to you than you let on. I think you have secrets," He whispers, and Chloe looses her breath.

"Thanks for reminding me," She says, not quite having regained the steadiness of her voice. "Now please let go of me so I can finish." Chloe tries to pry his arms off her but instead gets backed up against the wall. Alek's hands resume position on her hips, and hers instinctively fly up to his arms.

"Do I get to know any of those secrets?" Alek asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Okay, listen, you wanna know my secrets, you have to earn my respect because I don't share them with just anyone. Right now, you're very low on that list of people, simply because you are being a cocky jackass and I have no idea who you really are or what your motives are. So, you wanna learn more about me, tell me about you first. Now, move." Chloe tells him, trying to get away again, but his hands have a firm grip on her sides. She puts an annoyed look on her face when really, she's enjoying the closeness.

"Again, probably the only girl who's ever told me off." Alek says, shaking his head in disbelief. "But fine, you caught me. I wanna know exactly who you are. From now on, i'm done being cocky. I must say it'll be a hard habit to break, because when you look this good you just have to tell the world. But just for you, I'll try." Alek says, slipping a finger under Chloe's chin and smiling. Actually smiling, as he looks into her blue eyes. Chloe gasps softly. Alek's smile was absoloutely amazing.

"Okay," Chloe says, like they've just made a bet.

"Alright," Alek responds the same way. Then he leans in, so close to Chloe their lips just brush. His mouth moves to her cheek, where he plants a light kiss before whispering in her ear.

"Just so you know, you're the only girl i've ever been this attracted to." A shudder runs down Chloe's spine. Slowly, Alek removes his hands from her waist and smiles as he walks away. Chloe lets out the breath she'd been holding, but it comes from her throat as more of a whimper.

"Don't forget, training tonight at twelve." Alek tells her, winking, before shutting the door.

********************************

A/N So, the Recap is more for me so I know what to work off of. Hahah. I hope you guys liked it! It seems really long but then again the font is big on my computer. I wanted to give Chloe a little bit of attitude, because, yeah. (: Attitude is fun. Anyway, the more reveiws I get, the faster I update!!! So if you read the chapter just post a quick message and more will come! I was thinking about uploading every three days...if you think it should be sooner then lemme know! Woot! Bye guys! Oh, and if you have suggestions or anything you'd like to see happen between Chloe and Alek, feel free to message me. I'm always open for new ideas!

xoxo, *~Kristie~*