Alek & Chloe: Light in the Dark

Alright, first of all, this is my first story. It's a fanfiction, because i'm feeling very unoriginal. Haha.Second, if you watch the Nine Lives Of Chloe King, an you're team Alek/Chloe like me, you will understand HOW MAD I WAS THAT ALEK WAS KISSING SOME OTHER CHICK! I get it, it's all part of the show to make it more intersesting, because everyone knows Alek and Chloe are gonna end up together, but I was so MAD! Anyway, hopefully we're done with Brian. Finally. I kinda wanted Chloe to kiss him just so he'd die. >:] *Cue evil laugh* I have a feeling they're going to make it a little more interesting though. I just want him gone so Chloe and Alek can get together(: Well, this is a long Author's note. Time for the story!

"Bet you can't beat me to the roof," Alek said, hands on his hips. He was challenging both Jasmine and Chloe, even though he knew Jasmine would probably win.

"You're on!" Chloe yells, turning and starting off.

"Hey, not fair!" Alek yells, but Chloe and Jasmine are already gone. He sighs and races after them.

Chloe can see Jasmine beside her out of the corner of her eye, and she's determined to put more distance between them. She orders her legs to push a little bit more, and they command.

Chloe's roof comes into sight, and he looks back, only to see Jasmine wave as she passes by her. Chloe rolls her eyes and runs as fast as she can, but Jasmine's already won.

The two start to laugh, out of breath, as Alek slides in next to them.

"Looks like you got beat," Jasmine tells him, making a pouting face,and running a finger down her face to mimick crying.

Alek gives her a fake smile and laughs bitterly. Jasmine sticks her tongue out at him.

"Okay, c'mon you two." Chloe says, stepping between them.Alek's skin burns from the spot where Chloe is touching on his chest. He can feel the warmth of her hand through his shirt.His heart starts to beat faster and Chloe glances at him, removing her hand. Jasmine's eyebrows go up.

"Well," Jasmine starts, breaking a slightly awkward silence."I'm gonna go, I have studying to do. Night, Chloe." She waves at the two Mai, and drops from the roof.

Chloe looks over at Alek, who's been watching her. He looks away as soon as their eyes meet. Chloe rolls her eyes and sighs. Would it kill him to admit he has feelings for her? Well, it is Alek, so probably.

"I'm gonna crash for the night," Chloe tells him. "Go ahead and continue your pacing, as usual." Alek nods, smiling a little.

"By the way," Chloe turns back around to face him. "People normally pace while they contemplate some big life decision. Can I ask what you contemplate all night?" She asks.

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about," Alek tells her, taking her chin in his hand and kissing her forehead lightly. Chloe keeps her mouth shut so she doesn't sigh. His accent and his beautiful eyes...Wait! No, think about Brian, Chloe. Brian.She tells herself. But she can't help but enjoy how nice his lips feel on her skin.

Instead of saying anything, Chloe smiles and gives him a small wave as she drops into her window. Her heart is still racing a little, partly from the run, partly from Alek.

********************************

Alek watches Chloe as she slips down under her covers and shuts the light off. The clock in her room reads 3;14. Still a long night to go.

Chloe turns over in her sleep, one leg out of the covers. Alek almost laughs at how comical her face looks when she dreams.

In her room, Chloe's eyes snap open. Why did she wake up? Now she was restless, and she tuned her super power hearing into Alek's heartbeat. It had become a routine at night, listening to the steady rythm. It calmed her, and soon her breathing became normal.

Chloe heard the rustle of the leaves outside, and then a pair of feet hitting the floor of her room. Did Alek know she had woken up? She was sure it was him, because she'd followed the beat of his heart.

She closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. Alek must have believed it, because he didn't call out to her. Chloe heard his footsteps approach her bed.

Alek stared down at Chloe, and deciding she was asleep, drew his fingers lightly across her cheek. She was so beautiful and peaceful looking.

Gently, Alek leaned down and pressed his lips against Chloe's. Soft enough as not to wake her. Chloe held back a gasp. Alek was kissing her! But he thought she was sleeping. Chloe thought breifly how good it would feel if she were awake.

"I love you, Chloe King." Alek whispered, so quietly, that only a Mai would be able to hear. But Chloe wouldn't because she was sleeping. At least, he hoped she wouldn't hear it in her sleep.

Backing away from Chloe, Alek took one last look at her. Then he silently climbed out the window and up onto the roof. Where he started pacing, and he was sure that tonight, it would last until sunrise.

Chloe was confused, her heart rate was getting faster by the second, and her eyes were open and wide. Alek had kissed her, and then whispered that he loved her. But she had been sleeping.He thought she had been at least.

Chloe began to wonder if she loved him, also.

So! Yeah, that's the first chapter. If I get feedback and comments saying you want me to continue, i gladly will. Haha. It's kind of a one shot so if you guys don't like it, this is it. I would like to keep going, but again, it's all up to you guys! (: So comment, rate, send me feedback, whatever all that sheebang. Yeah. Byyye! **Kristie**