The Story Begins...

"You foolish, hedgehog! You shall parish along with your friends!"

They were at it again.

"Sure, whatever you say, Shadow!"

The blue and black hedgehogs were fighting for no reason again. They seem to be doing this often, every week to be exact. This time, Sonic brought his team along to fight too, but they weren't really fighting much. Sonic and Shadow were too fast for them.

"Who do you think is going to win this time?" Tails asked.

"Probably Sonic." Amy said. "Shadow looks weaker than usual today."

"Shadow." Knuckles said simply.

"I don't care either way." Sticks replied, crossing her arms.

Tails shrugs. "I agree with Amy; Shadow does look weaker than usual today."

"Do you think he's okay?" Knuckles asked, concerned.

"Sonic will be fine." Amy replied. Knuckles frowned, but didn't correct her.

Sonic swiftly kicked Shadow into a pole and used a rope to tie him up. Shadow growled, furious at himself for losing to Sonic.

The blue hedgehog walked to his friends to celebrate his victory. Knuckles looked at Shadow before sneaking away from his friends to confront the struggling hedgehog.

"Shadow?"

Shadow glared at Knuckles. "What do you want? Here to rub it in?"

Knuckles shook his head. "I just wanted to see if your okay."

"I'm fine." Shadow growled, hiding his surprise.

"You don't look like you are."

"There's nothing wrong with me."

"Fine..." Knuckles sighed. "I wanted to tell you something..."

"Does it look like I care?"

"Can you meet me here tonight?"

Shadow stared at Knuckles. "Excuse me?"

"Will you meet me here tonight?"

Shadow could see the desperation in the echidna's eyes. He looked away, confused at why he hasn't declined yet. He sighed and said, "Fine."

Knuckles grinned as he untied the rope. Shadow stared at him for a split second before disappearing to an unknown location. Knuckles quickly ran back to his team.

"Hey, where did Shadow go?" Sonic asked, just now noticing the absence of his rival.

"He probably used his weird powers to get out." Knuckles said.

"Or he was taken by evil alien overlords who plan to use him as a sacrifice that will end us all!" Sticks yelled out.

"Uh... yeah, I'll just go with Knuckles' idea..." Sonic said, walking back to the shack where he and Tails lived. The team went their separate ways, all going to their houses, except for Knuckles, who followed Amy to her house.

"Knuckles, why are you following me?" Amy asked when they got there.

"I need advice..." Knuckles said. "You see, I like this person, and-"

"Say no more!" Amy had a huge grin on her face. "Come inside."

>~<>~<>~<>~<

Knuckles sat beside Amy on her couch, a cup of tea in his large hands. Amy gave it to him because it helps calm the nerves.

"So, let's start with who this girl is. Is she pretty? What does she like? How did you meet her?" Amy said, setting her cup of tea down.

"Uh... W-Well..." Knuckles blushed slightly.

"Aw, your shy. I'll guess then." Amy racked her brain for names. "Percy?"

Knuckles shook his head.

"Zooey?"

Another shake.

"Sticks?"

Another.

"Me?"

"It's Shadow!" Knuckles blurted out. He quickly covered his mouth.

Amy stared at Knuckles, confusion in her eyes. "You never told us that you are-"

"I didn't know I was either... Until I fell in love with Shadow... H-He's just so..." he racked his brain for a word. "perfect..."

Amy smiled. "Aw, that's so cute!"

"I told him to meet me tonight so I could confess, but I don't know how to..."

"Just tell him, and if you can't find the words, show him. Tell him to give you a chance. Prove your love, and I'm sure he'll love you back."

Knuckles nodded. Oh, how nervous he was for this night.

>~<>~<>~<>~<

Shadow stood beside the pole that he was tied up to only a couple hours ago. He looked around for the red echidna, but couldn't see him. He sighed and was about to walk away until he heard a voice."

"Shadow, wait!"

He turned to see Knuckles running up to him. "Sorry to keep you waiting..."

Shadow crossed his arms. "What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Um... W-Well I..."

"Spit it out. I don't have all ni-"

Shadow's eyes were wide as Knuckles connected their lips. 'Who does he think he is!? Is he insane!?'

Knuckles pulled away. "Before you yell at me, just hear me out." Knuckles paused and continued. "I know you probably don't feel the same way, but I like you... a lot. Just give me a chance, please?"

Shadow was ready to decline, but then he thought it over. 'This could be a perfect way to find Sonic's weakness... Then I could finally kill both him and his friends.'

Shadow looked up at Knuckles. "One chance, but that's it."

Knuckles smiled wide and pulled Shadow into a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Shadow forced himself to hug back.

"So... meet me at Sonic's house tomorrow at noon. We could go to Meh Burger, and then we could go see Comedy Chimp. U-Unless you don't want to..."

"I guess that would be fine... I have never seen Comedy Chimp, nor have I eaten at Meh Burger."

Knuckles smiled and kissed Shadow's cheek before running off, daydreaming of what could happen the next day...