Chapter 1

"What are we watching then?" Asks Duncan with Netflix open on my TV and a handful of DVDs on his lap.

"Uh, we could watch some anime? What about this! My neighbour Totoro, its sooooo adorable!" I say nearly throwing the box of chocolates I have on my knees across the room.

"Yeah we could do, but haven't you watched that movie like 100 times already?" He laughs setting down the DVDs on the coffee table.

"Yeah but you haven't!"

"Fair enough." Duncan shrugs and I hand him the disc which is reflecting the light fixture on the ceiling, this was meant to be a special Yogscast film night but everyone apart from Duncan cancelled, probably another one of their schemes to get us to 'get together', they've been doing this ever since he broke up with his girlfriend. He puts the disc in the drive and presses play, the irritating anime music begins, signalling the start of our film night.

~1/2 hour later~

The film soldiers on and I notice Duncan gasp as he sees Totoro appear next to Satsuki at the bus stop and I chuckle at Totoro's face when the water patters onto his umbrella, my favourite scene!
I think about putting my Totoro onesie on and reading the novelisation with the snugly comfort of my duvet later on, the thought makes me grin.

"I'm just gonna get some ice-cream." I mumble to Duncan as I get up, he doesn't seem to notice anyway as he's too engrossed in the film.
I run into the kitchen and grab the ice-cream wincing as the cold floor makes contact with my warm bear feet, after I've done that I skip back into the living room, only to find the great oaf that is Duncan sprawled out taking up most of the sofa.

"Move or I won't give you any ice-cream!" I smirk as he bolts upright and cries "WHERE IS THE ICE-CREAM!"
"Here, have a spoon" I laugh as I hand him the spoon I grabbed out of the draw when I got my own.

We sit next to each other with the ice-cream tub between us, watching Satsuki run down the street calling for Mei who has become hopelessly lost.
I yawn and kick Duncan so I can have more space to sit down,

"Ouch!" He cries,

"Well move then!" I laugh.

I yawn and curl up on the sofa my head on the arm, then suddenly with a pop, Duncan disappears into thin air, then the room around me turns into an animated green field much like the Totoro universe, and the sofa disappears as well; I fall onto the dusty track with a thump!

"Ow!" I stand up and rub my back, then I realise I am no longer wearing my mandrew onesie Duncan made me wear but a long blue skirt and a white 60's blouse, unsurprisingly this is slightly strange however, when I look down I realise, I am animated...
I look around, everything is like a Japanese drawing, the grass is swaying and the black pencil lines are showing on the track I am currently standing on.

I suddenly hear a small noise, 2 male voices and the sound of an engine, I can hear the male voices forming a melody,

"May and May riding along in May!" I can hear them sing and the a loud male voice shouts "Onward!"
I see a heavily loaded wagon struggling up the road,

"Hey!" I shout hoping to catch their attention,

"Hey!" Shouts a young girl handing out of the side of the wagon, she has a strong American accent "What's the matter? Where are you from?"
The wagon slows and stops next to me.

"I don't know where I am!" I say "I'm from England, where is this?"

"Hey, I'm Fujiyama! Your a long way from England miss!" Says the driver of the wagon, "Do you want a ride? You can always stay with us until you can arrange a way to get back to your country?"

"Yesyesyes!" Shout the 2 girls in the back, obviously enjoying the female company.

"Okay, thank you!" I grin and clamber into the back of the wagon with the girls who are both eating chunks of caramel.

"Hi! I'm Kim!" I say and hold out my hand to greet them, then realise these are children and put my hand down.

"Hello my names Satsuki, I'm eleven and this is Mei she's 6." Says the older girl, she has short brown hair like me but a lot shorter.

"AND A HALF!" Shouts the younger girl, she has blonde hair that are tied up in bunches with ribbons, making her look like she's all head.

"Hi Satsuki, hi Mei!" I laugh "So from what I remember of Japanese, both your names mean May right? "

"You know Japanese?" Both girls say in unison although, Mei makes it sound more like Hapanese.

"A little." I smile at the girls who are both grinning from ear to ear.

"Would you like some caramel?" Mei asks me but she has a large chunk in her mouth so it sounds more like ould you like shome camamow?

"Yes please!" I reply enthusiastically as Mei hands me a piece whilst grabbing another one for herself with her free hand.

"Do you need some help Mei?" Satsuki laughs at Mei struggling with the wrapper.

"I'm okay." She says stubbornly then pops it in her mouth still with wrapper on.

" I could've helped you with that." Grins Satsuki.

"Everything's ooooookay." Mei laughs, then we all start laughing and no one can stop.