17.

A/N IT MIGHT GET A LITTLE PG-13 IN THIS CHAPTER LOL

The next night after a long day of playing baseball in the hot sun, Scotty and I walked home together. As soon as I stepped in the house, I kicked my shoes off, said hi to my mom and Bill, and ran up the stairs to my room. I flopped down onto my bed and let out a sigh, tired from being in the hot sun all day.

I went to grab a glass of water and made my way back upstairs. I shut the door and turned around, spilling water all over, because there was Benny, sitting patiently on my bed. I quickly set my glass down, my hand over my heart. "Benny," I whispered, harshly. "You really have to stop doing that. One day, you're going to give me a heart attack."

He gave me a smirk. "Sorry, duchess. I just wanted to see if you were up for a little late night swim."

"Where at, exactly?"

"The pool." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well first of all, the pool's closed," I said. "And second of all, we're both banned from the pool, remember?"

He pulled me onto his chest and we fell back onto the bed, our noses inches apart. "That's why we're sneaking in."

"Benjamin Rodriguez, we are not sneaking into the pool!"

"Oh come on, babe!" He said with a devious smile. "Live a little."

"Fine, but only for a few minutes."

"That's the spirit!" He said, kissing me on the nose. "Now, let's go." He rolled over, so he was on top of me and kissed me, then he got up and pulled me up with him. "Ladies first," he said, gesturing towards the open window. I smirked at him before exiting quietly out of the window. I landed swiftly and turned to watch Benny. He landed next to me and grabbed my hand as we began walking toward the pool.

***

"Okay," Benny whispered. "We have to be quiet." I nodded and he began climbing the fence around the pool. I followed his lead and soon both of us were on the other side, staring at the blue water, twinkling peacefully in the moonlight.

Benny threw his baseball cap onto a chair and pulled off his shirt, making me stare at his exposed torso. He caught me staring and smirked. "Take a picture," he said, stripping down to his boxers. "It'll last longer." And with that, he dived into the pool with barely any noise as all. I watched him float to the surface and he shook the hair out of his eyes. This boy is gonna be the death of me, I thought to myself. "You coming in?"

"Well, I don't know..." I trailed off. "I don't have my swimsuit."

"Neither do I, but yet, here I am," he said, floating on his back. He stared at me and I instantly gave in.

"Fine!" I whispered loudly. "I really need to learn not to give in to you so easily." I said more to myself than Benny. I heard him chuckle, then he disappeared beneath the water. I pulled my shoes and socks off and threw them next to Benny's.

"Hurry up!" He said from the other side of the pool. I rolled my eyes and stripped down to my undergarments and I instantly felt insecure. I watched Benny swim towards me, his eyes not leaving me. He stopped right in front of me, his hands on the very edge of the pool. "Come on."

"Okay, Benny." I said, starting to get annoyed. "What do you think I'm doing? Is it cold?" I bent down and stuck my hand in the water, but before I could even process what was happening, I was pulled into the pool. I swam to the surface and pushed my hair out of my face. Benny floated next to me, laughing his ass off. I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're not funny."