Dear Someone | I Wish I Could | 29 June 2011

I Wish I could | Dear Someone | 29 June 2011

Dear Someone;

You know, there are so many things I wish I could do.

I wish I could just be who I wanted to be, you know? Without living in fear. I don’t want to constantly worry that what I say might hurt someone, when I know that they wouldn’t think twice about hurting me.

I wish I could trust people who told me I could trust them. I wish I didn’t know that I turned my back, they’d be stabbing me with smiles on their faces.

I wish I was deaf to the cries of those in pain, and blind to the anguish on their faces so that I wouldn’t get so angry at those who are. So that I wouldn’t feel so pathetic and compare my small tragedies with their huge ones.

I wish I wouldn’t fall in love all the time with people who would never return my feelings, who crush my heart under their feet every time they walk away. I wish to wish for kisses in the dark with someone who loves me for me, instead of someone who’ll never know me and never want to.

I wish I didn’t feel like turning and crying every time I saw my reflection in the mirror and scream inside when people called me pretty, “You’re lying!

I wish tears weren’t falling down my cheeks right now, washing off the smiley mask I’ve worn all day, breaking down the hard exterior.

I wish I didn’t have to appear so strong, yet I wish I didn’t feel so weak inside.