Chapter Nine-Taken(Part Two)

Okay, so this about three months after Alexandra is taken by Seth. You'll have to make up the reason why she's still with them. Maybe they just haven't let her go, or she stayed with them willingly to learn about her vampire heritage. Who knows? I mean, I do, but still. Anyways, you'll see how her relationship with Seth has changed and interpret it to whatever floats your boat. Enjoy!

:)

     I step out the shower, feeling fresh and clean. I lick my lips, tasting the water. How do you describe the taste of water? It's certainly not nothing. Water has a taste, just not a word for the taste. Tightening the towel around my exposed body, I look in the steamy mirror. My gold hair is darkened to a brown and glistens in the light. It hangs in slightly twisted clumps, dripping water on the gorgeous tiles below me.

     "Vain, much?" A self-satisfied voice drones behind me. I can hear the smirk in his voice. I turn to him, my feet moving carefully on the slippery floor, and curtsy as best I can in the towel.

     "Well, I am quite beautiful, aren't I?" I reply daintily. His eyes smolder and he looks me up and down, biting his lip.

     "I was going to use a more bawdy word, but beautiful works just as well." He cocks his head curiously. "What do you think of me?" He gestures cockily at his bare chest. He is forever not wearing shirts. I thoroughly examine his chest; defined pecks, a six-pack, no hair. A pretty nice chest if I have to be honest. Fortunately, I don't.

     "Well, Seth, I generally go for older men, you know, I like my men with a little more hair." I answer in a polite and detached tone. He doesn't seem deterred by my assessment. In a blink, he's inches from me, eyes glowing.

     "First of all, I am technically very old." He states holding up one finger. "And second, no old man, not even Tom Cruise, has muscles like these." He confidently grabs both my hands and places them on his stomach.

      Seth guides my hands around his torso, I nod, faking interest. He presses my fingers into his abs as he takes in a deep breath and then exhales. I have to admit, he has a very nice chest. I am enjoying this a little too much. Eventually, after exploring his smooth back, he leaves my hands around his waist, making it so that I'm hugging him. He's taller than me.

      I raise my eyebrows questioningly as he leans close, his moist lips a hairs breadth away from mine. He then passes my lips and leans further to kiss my neck. As I try not to breath too hard I hear him groan. Curious, I prod him until I see his face. What?

     "You smell so good..." He explains, black veins spreading underneath his eyes. I lift a finger and press them away.

     "I thought I was half vampire, doesn't that make me a little less appetizing?" I ask. Again, he groans.

     "Now you smell good in both ways." He takes a deep breath. At my confused expression he continues. "Both yummy, and um...yummy." He says, raising his eyebrows suggestively. I shake my head, and shiver. I'm cold, dripping wet in just a towel. I step away from him and try my new speed power.

     I'm at the dresser in seconds. With a grin I start picking through Seth's underwear to find my own. He keeps insisting that they stay there, even though the rest of my clothes are separate. It creeps me out, but he won't give in. I grab a blue pair and walk out of the room, Seth's eyes following me.

~

     After I'm dressed in a long, stretchy patterned dress I wander downstairs, trying out my new sense of smell. Before I'm even close to the kitchen I smell bacon. I grimace and think of something else I can eat. As I cross the threshold I see Thomas standing at the stove. The radio is turned on and my favorite song is playing. I'm unable to fight the urge and start dancing around the island.

     I'm singing loudly, finding that my voice is definitely more adept at reaching higher notes than it used to be. Thomas turns around, swaying slightly as the bacon sizzles in the pan. He grins widely and gestures at the table, which is laden with three different types of cereal. I prepare my breakfast and take my first bite. I'm a cereal killer.

     Seth eventually saunters in and plucks a piece of bacon from the plate.  He grabs a glass of dark red liquid from the fridge and sits next to me, purposefully slurping it. It's blood. I try to ignore the deep hunger in my stomach that cereal will never satisfy. The intoxicating smell is right under my nose and taunting me. I feel icy veins standing out from under my eyes and rush from the kitchen.

     When I arrive at the bathroom I lock the door behind me. I slowly turn towards the mirror, dreading what I'll see. The ugly red veins crawling under my eyes and over my cheeks are disgusting. I press my fists into my eyes, trying to black out the horrific image. I'm breathing so harshly I don't hear someone picking the lock.

     The door creaks open, gaining my attention. Standing there is Thomas, sympathy written plainly on his handsome face. He holds some of my bobby pins in his right hand.

     One glance at his understanding eyes and I lose control of the tears. They slip silently down my face as I shake, holding in ugly sobs. He grasps my arms and pulls me into his broad chest. He rubs my back, his hands circles of warmth through my dress. He stays completely silent.

     After a while, I open my eyes and pull back, not able to meet his eyes. I stare instead at the soaked portion of his gray, cotton shirt. He releases me completely and I look up to see Seth standing there, looking both angry and regretful. I try to smile at him. It's not his fault I'm half-dead. After grabbing both of their hands I tug them back into the kitchen.

     To my immense relief the blood is gone when we return. But I still smell it. The icy veins begin to grow again, but I ignore them, and they shrivel back into non-existence. As I crunch my cereal I  tease Thomas and Seth about their unhealthy obsession with bacon and laugh.

Yeah! So the whole purpose of that was not to, in fact, show case Seth's chest, believe it or not. It was supposed to show how comfortable she is with him, that there is no longer any fear, though there is some sexual tension. Also, it shows that though she's not yet okay with her vampire side, she is slowly accepting it with Thomas's help. (Alexandra didn't know she was half-vampire. Seth discovered it when she wasn't able to be compelled. But she couldn't be eating/drinking provane because he drank her blood without any adverse effects. He did some research and found a witch whom had helped a couple-the woman vampire and the man human-have a child together. Alexandra is the first of her kind, and the only one. The witch dies soon after telling Seth about it. Alexandra can go in the sun and cannot be compelled. She has speed and other powers but not nearly as strong as normal vampires. She also doesn't need any blood to survive, not even animals. But she craves it more than standard vampires. She didn't have her speed and other powers before because they didn't activate until she drank a vampire's blood. That vampire being Seth because he decided he wanted her immortal. Obviously, he sort of got his wish, though they don't know how long she will live, and if she can be killed. If I was writing this as a book I would have slowly revealed all of this but since I'm only doing this short expert I figured I'd better explain everything in order to avoid confusion. The whole plot line is her trying to find her parents and slowly getting Seth to love her. Also, there is nothing ever between Alexandra and Thomas. Seth gets jealous, but it is only brother sister feelings between them.) Wow! That was one long after thought! If you have any other questions just zap me message and I'll elaborate further. Thanks for reading this very long author's note guys! -Charlotte