Chapter Eight-Taken

I'm sorry, but I adore Damon. I will openly say that Seth is Damon with a different name.  And I stole Stephan too. I would call it a fan-fic but...I don't know. Here's what I came up with. And yes, I'm using the cliche half-vamp half-human idea. This will be the first in two uploads of the same book.

:)

     "I'll have a cheeseburger, no onions, please." I smile at the friendly waiter.

     "Okay, I'll be right out with your food ladies." He replies, checking something on his notepad. He smiles widely and winks at me before moving on to the next booth. My friend Jessica nudges me, none too gently, with her elbow.

     "He was cute! And he obviously thinks you are too. You should get his number!" She takes a sip of her water. "Because if you don't I will." I look at him across the restaurant. She's right. He is cute. He's got tan skin, blue eyes, and curly blond hair. Total surfer boy.

     "You know how I feel about cherubs." I mutter, laughing at his ruddy cheeks. She snorts into her water, splashing it on the table, and we both burst into peals of laughter. Tears are blurring my vision when something captures my attention.

     "Ladies." The deep purring voice sobers us quickly. I blink and see a man with dark brown shaggy hair, icy blue eyes and a strong jaw standing a the edge of our table. I shoot Jessica a look. She is openly gawking at the extremely handsome man. His face spreads into a devilish grin. "Would you mind if I sat with you? My friend bailed on me at the last second." His breath fans over my face, and my heart races.

     "I don't think-" I start. When amazingly attractive man suddenly wants to sit with us he only wants one thing.

     "I don't see why not." Jessica says flirtatiously. "Mi casa es su casa." I don't think shes only talking about her casa. I glare openly, angrily grabbing her purse to make space. He smiles that smile again and slides in.

     "Much appreciated. It's not often I get to sit with two beautiful ladies such as yourselves." Oh, smooth, very smooth. Aren't you laying it on a little thick, though? I bite my lip to keep myself from saying these things aloud. Jessica preens and fingers a strand of her gold hair. Her hair is slightly lighter than mine, but only just. We have a lot of people ask if we are sisters. I sigh and brush my ponytail off my shoulder as our food arrives.

     "Here you are ladies- oh, hello there sir, can I get you anything to eat or drink?" The waiter is clearly not as enthusiastic as Jessica is that this man is sitting with us, but he plays the part nicely.

     "Just a beer, please, thanks." He said, not looking at him. My nose wrinkles in disgust as I squirt ketchup on my fries. "I caught that. Do you not like beer?" He turns to me and leans close. I swallow, and his gorgeous eyes follow the motion.

     "No." I say shortly, taking a bite. Jessica glares at me across the table. I shrug as she tries to pull his attention back to her. But he continues looking at me.

     "Hmm...it's the smell isn't it." He concludes. I just nod my head. "Well, if it bothers you, I'll just get water then." As I watch him wave a waitress over to change his order, I can't help but warm to him. After that he continues the meal flirting with Jessica; we discover that his name is Seth. Yup, he's going to get some tonight.  I don't want my friend going with him, because he oozes danger, but I can't stop her.

     I pay for my portion of the bill and stand up. Jessica and Seth are entangled in an intense conversation.

     "I'm going now, babe." I say to Jessica.