Justin Bieber and My Best Friend. Fabulous (6)

NOTE: Thanks for reading<3 I think I did a pretty fast upload(: Please please please vote and comment if you like it!! It really helps me know how I'm doing!

****

RECAP: Liz raised her eyebrows, and I just shook my head at her, a little amazed. Liz was fitting in perfectly, talking to Ryan and Justin like she’s met them before and they just skipped the whole awkward introduction phase. I shrugged, and then started to devour my fries.

Liz was something else.

*****

MONDAY JULY 28, 12:44 PM

(Lily/Liz’s POV)

The cafeteria was huge and extravagant, with long tables that stretched across the entire room, like something from Harry Potter. The dishes and silverware were all fancy and shiny. I don’t know why they used stuff like that, since most the food filling it was normal and cheap.

There were chandeliers hanging down everywhere, so even though it was a huge stone room with old, stain glass windows, it was actually really bright. I looked down the table and couldn’t believe how many kids they were. Because with as much space as this cafeteria had, it was just enough for all the kids to sit down. It was mind-blowing, thinking about that many kids, all in one school.

Then I realized that no one had talked in awhile, since they were all staring at me. Chaz was busy scarfing down his food, so I decided to start talking to the blonde kid next to me.

“Hey, what’s your name again?” I asked, picking at some foreign crap I had grabbed. I only chose it because it was expensive and Chaz was paying; too bad it was basically inedible. I noticed that since I had started talking, things had gotten back to normal, and suddenly the cafeteria got even louder as everyone started to talk and eat again.

“Christian Beadles, and your Liz. Now that we’ve passed the introductions, how about you go out with me Saturday night?” He flipped his hair, and then smirked at me.

I scoffed, “No, sorry. I don’t do that unless I really know someone.”

OK, even I could tell the obvious double meaning that I had definitely not meant to use, so I quickly shouted, “Whatever your thinking is totally wrong and not what I meant!”

Christian’s smirk turned into a flirty smile. “Really? Because I was thinking that you’re the most beautiful girl at this table.”

I thought about that for a second. How the old me would’ve ate that up, and considering what happened to me that I couldn’t remember, might have even dragged him off to do him then and there. Angry at my old self, I refused to think anything of his comment. Most likely he’s used that line a hundred times, anyway.

“Aww, don’t be like that! You’re beautiful, too, right guys?” I looked around, smirking.

I could tell Chaz and Justin got the joke right away, because they laughed and let out a loud “Oooo, burn!” Ryan looked confused, but then his eyes lit up, and he busted out laughing, just a little late. Christian frowned, obviously confused. I shook my head at him, but smiled a real smile.

“I don’t get it!” Christian whined, looking around for support.

Justin laughed again, “Dude, keep up. She called you a girl, man.”

I sighed, faking sadness, “I can’t believe my amazing and witty joke had to be explained. That’s just sad.”

“Ha ha, very funny,” Christian muttered sourly.

“I thought so,” Chaz said, putting an arm around my shoulder. I sat there, frozen, glaring at his hand hanging in my eyesight.

“In what world is this OK?” I asked, looking up at his smiling face.