Chapter 3- Familiar

*Dawn's POV*

"... Eh!? Your familiar!?" I asked startled. "That's right!" He smiles. "Your kidding me right? There is no way--"

"You said it yourself. You want to find someone to help you. You found help. I'm going easy on you. All you have to say is 'okay'."
"Ugh... Today totally sucks... Okay fine, I'll be your familiar... But don't forget. The next full moon I'll be stuck like this forever if I don't get that true love's kiss thing..."

He nods. "Wait, Luca. Why do you want a familiar?"
"No reason."
"Eh?"
"I've just taken interest."
"That's it?"
"Yeah."
"Wow... That was pretty lame."

Luca laughs and I smile. "Well, what now?" I ask. He shrugs. "Your not very helpful for someone who needs to help me find a guy that I will fall in love with."
"Okay okay... Uh... Try flying to the windows and seeing if you fall in love with someone's looks."

I stare silently at him. "What do you take me for? I look at the inside not the outside."
"Well what do you want me to do about it?"
"Your terrible at helping... I totally thought you were nice to start off with!"
"How cruel! I am nice!"
"Help me for crying out loud!"

He sighed. "Your saucy."

I fly up into a tree and sit down. I tuck my legs in towards my chest. "Dawn?" He calls out to me. I mumble. "I just want to go back to my normal life... I want to be a wizard again..."

Everything went silent and Luca scratched his head. "Okay I think I have an idea..." He sighed. I hope back onto my feet. "What is it?"
"You hide in my pocket and I go around talking to some guys. That way you know what they are like."
"That sounds like a plan!"
"What kind of guys are you into?"
"I dunno."
"You... 'Dunno'?"
"I'm always focused on my magic I didn't have time for romance or any of that."

Luca sighs. "Let's start tomorrow then."
"Alright but what are we going to do until then?"
"I don't know.
"You need to go to class!"
"What was that? Go take a walk?"
"Luca!"
"Bye bye!" He said walking off.

The nerve! I swear... I sigh and sit down in a tree. What do I do now? I asked myself and looked over towards where Luca was walking to. "... Whatever!" I say and start to fly towards him.

He turns around. "Why are you following me?" He asked and I stop beside him. "I'm not, I'm simply tagging along with you. I got nothing better to do."
"Don't lie, you wanted to come with me anyways." He laughed and I smiled.

I landed on his shoulder and sat down. "Let's go then!" I say and he continues to walk. "Do you always ditch class?"
"Uh... Yeah."
"Why are you talking to me like I'm an idiot? I just met you."
"I'm pretty interested in you."
"Huh?"
"Tell me a bit about yourself."

That was a bit of a turn around... I guess if I'll be spending some time with him, I should get to know him and get him to know me. I sigh and look forward.

"I'm just one of your average wizards. I'm pretty good at magic and I just love it. I'm 16 years old and I live in a small house not too far from here. I never enrolled in a magic school before." I say and he turns his head to look at me.

"Really?"
"Yup. I just practiced at home. I've always dreamed about going to one though."
"It's nothing special."
"... Luca. Do you like magic?"
"Sometimes I find it a bit of a pain."
"Huh? Why?"
"I don't have a real reason."
"It's just how you feel, huh?"
"I guess so."

His expression turns normal as he looks up at where he was going. He stops. "We're here." He said and sat down. An open field with beautiful colored flowers flowing gently in the wind. Beyond the open field was a clear pretty lake.  I fly up from Luca's shoulder and get a better view.

"What a relaxing place..."
"Yeah."
"Let me guess... You found this wondering around while skipping class."
"Bullseye!"

~ To Be Continued ~