Once with Eric, always with Eric

{Megan's POV}

"So." I began awkwardly. "Us." He smiles. "Your cute when your awkward, you know that?" He said I shake my head and frown. "Well, you are." I don't know how to reply to that. "You used to be so confident. What happened?" With out thinking I say, "Hannah happened." I growl. "Now your gonna ask her out." He looks embarrassed, but confused. "I wasn't going to ask Hannah out, I was going to ask you out." I stop. "As a friend?" He rolls his eyes. "Yes you idiot, as a friend. I love dating and kissing my friends." I smirk at him. "Rude." I mutter happily. He stood up, and walking over to me, and for a second I'm scared were going to do the kissing thing again, like we did a couple months ago. So long ago. Too long ago, I decided, and I was tired of him just standing there. Why didn't he make a move? Does he think I can't do anything? I can kiss. Hannah smannah. All Hannah can do is maul his face and paint her nails. She can't kiss, she doesn't love Eric, and I know I love Eric. And it has officially been too long since we kissed. So I lean over and wrap my hands around his waist, pulling him closer. He closes his eyes first and I lean further and kiss him. I can feel his smile against my lips. Our mouths leave each other but we don't pull away, close enough to kiss again. I bite my lip, and he smiles wider. He kisses me again, but he's too eager this time, like a fifth grader going for his first kiss, and I'm still biting my lip, so we kind of end up with him kissing my tooth, and my tooth slipped back sharply, cutting my lip and getting blood on the side of his mouth. I wipe it away with my hand, and he sighs. "Your cute when your awkward, you know that?" I imitate him. He looks down, face flaming up red, and I laugh. I lick the blood from my lips. "I want to be your girlfriend." I say. His head shoots up so fast I'm pretty sure he got whiplash. Then he says, "YES!" Kind of loudly and I laugh. Taking the hat off his head, he took my scarf from around my shoulders, and he kisses me on the cheek. I wear his hat like a trophy, I am Eric's girlfriend. (Hell yeah!), engraved on it. He wears my scarf like an idiot, and I let him know that. I guess we might be okay.

Oh who am I kidding.
It's me and Eric.
Something will go wrong, maybe with Hannah, maybe at Mount Whistler, maybe with teachers or parents or friends, but we'll find a way through. Meric with survive anything. "I love you Eric." I say. "I love you too, Meg."