Protecting Her Friend

Chapter 43

The dragon snapped its giant teeth at me again and again. His endless attacks became more ferocious as I dodged. The dragon became so fed up that he swatted me with his meaty paw which made me fly backward and hit the ground. He turned around and tried to smash me with his tail, but I dodged it. This was becoming annoying. I finally found an opening and I struck its chest, but my blade didn't pierce! The scales of the dragon was like an iron armor and protected him as such. The dragon smacked me with his paw and smashed me into the wall. I fell to the floor like a fly that had just been swatted in mid flight. I looked up to see that the dragon was about to shoot another fireball! I got up and jumped out of the way, but the blast launched me further and slammed me into another wall. Something was weird about that fireball though. It was dark and purple like. But the heat was no different. I got back up and powered up my attack,"KAAA-MEEH-HAAA-MEEH-" as I chanted the ball of energy grew brighter between my hands. "HAAAAAAA!!!!!!" As I launched the blast toward the beast. But as the blast headed straight for the dragon, Colette had jumped in front and shouted,"DON'T HURT HIM!!" I tried to cancel the attack but I couldn't! I shouted to Colette,"GET OUTTA THE WAY!!!" I heard the blast hit and a puff of dust surrounded Colette and the dragon. I ran shouting,"Colette! COLETTE!!!!" When the dust settled I could see that the dragon had thrown itself in front of the attack and had protected Colette! Colette screamed as the dragon hit the floor with a great thud. She yelled at me,"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" I was so confused. Why did she protect the dragon? Suddenly I heard a voice coming from behind,"Well done, Keyblade Warrior!" I turned around to see a black hooded figure standing behind me. I shouted at him,"Who are you!? Answer me!" The hooded figure chuckled and said,"Do you not remember me?" I charged at him with my Keyblade and shouted,"Gimme back my friends!" I tried attacking him, but he dodged my attack with a back flip. He chuckled,"Isn't it strange that a dragon has just started attacking this world?" He gave an evil chuckle. "I mean the humans and dragons lived in harmony once before. Isn't that right princess Colette?" Colette looked at the hooded man and shouted,"It was you wasn't it!? You did this to Kumar!" The hooded man laughed maniacally. I attacked him again but he dodged it again. He spoke again,"If I were you, I would take care of the big, scary dragon behind you." I turned to see a black aura engulfing the dragon's body. The dragon got up and let out a huge roar which shook the cave violently. I ran to Colette, grabbed her, and ran out of the cave. The cave was too small to fight a dragon. I ran to an open field and said to Colette,"Care to fill me in!" She looked at the floor and started,"Before the dragon was possessed by that man, Dragonfruit got along with dragons. They helped us and we helped them. It was the dragons who help the dragonfruit grow and with that, helped us survive. But one day, Kumar, my friend, had been acting strange. He attacked my village and scared the other dragons off. He wasn't always like this though. Kumar loves humans and never hurt a soul." All of a sudden, Kumar had appeared with the hooded man on his back.
"You thought you could get away from me!" He laughed maniacally. I faced the dragon again, and Colette put a hand on my shoulder,"Don't hurt him! Kumar is still in there I know it!" I looked at her and then faced my opponent. This was gonna be the hardest battle I had to face. Fighting a man, protected by a dragon!