Missions?

Chapter 16

That morning I got to work. I got dressed in my new clothes and headed out. The clothes seemed right somehow. Vivi had given me a blue V-neck , a White short sleeved hoodie with metal surrounding the tips of the sleeves, blue shorts with white near the tip of the legs, Blue boots, and white gloves with a cool black star on them(in the right glove wrist was a watch), and a ring with a note on it. I took off the note and read it:

"Hope you like the clothes I bought you. They looked fitting for a young wizard as yourself. I had the Three Faries cast a spell on it. These clothes have powers which you'll have to unlock for yourself. So do treat them nicely. As for the ring, it will allow you to use your magic without the keyblade. Hope you enjoy them, and you have a Mission. Come to my tower."

-Master Yen Sid.

To be honest, I didn't know what these "powers" meant. But I didn't care much. I also didn't go straight to Yen Sid's. I new I had to get stronger so I ran 20 laps around the beach, did 132 push ups, 200 sit ups, and lifted 50 pound weights for a half hour. After that I went to the hospital.

Lea was sitting by my bed cursing at me,"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!?"

"I was thinking-" I started but was interrupted by Lea again.

"You weren't thinking!! THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!" Just then, an old lady came in the door wearing all blue. She had a soft voice and a kind heart. She turned to Lea,"Lea, quiet down. This is a hospital." Lea automatically stopped and put his head down apologizing,"Sorry Fairy Godmother." I looked to her and asked,"How long till I'm better?"

"Three words." She answered.

"what?" All of a sudden, she pointed her wand at me and said,"Bibitty, Bobitty, Boo!" And then I was fully healed. I got up and did a handstand, to prove it was real. Then I got to my feet and thanked her. Lea got up and thanked her also, then I overheard her talking to Lea,"I'm gonna be getting this one a lot aren't I?" Lea shook his head in disappointment,"Sadly yes."

"HEY!!" I screamed.

"Kidding kidding." He added quickly. We then left the hospital and headed for Yen Sid's tower.

Lea kept staring at me like I was a new species of animal. Finally I got tired of this and asked,"What's the matter?"

"Nothing, just thinking."

"About what?" I asked

"I was just thinking about how scrawny you look!" He said mockingly. I took this offensively. I jumped back and drew my keyblade,"Then help me get stronger DAMMIT!!!" He waved his hands as a sign of stop and said,"Woah woah woah. Take it easy. Look, let's go to Yen Sid's tower and get that mission, OK?" I put my keyblade away and agreed. I need to get stronger somehow.

We walked into Yen Sid's chamber. He was sitting down waiting for us. I walked up to him,"What's the mission, Gramps? Why did you want me here?" Yen Sid chuckled,"I thought you'd like to be out. You know, GETTING STRONGER!" I banged on his desk with my fist,"What the hell do you mean? You saying I'm not strong enough!!"

"I didn't say it, you showed it. I saw you hurt yourself over at the main island. You do know that's not the way to get stronger?" He added. I looked to him, I thought of my friends, I thought that if I did things without knowing, how I would only fail at saving them. I didn't realize I was crying until I tasted my tears. Yen Sid levitated the box of tissues by me. I chuckled and wiped my face and gained my composure,"Alright, where am I going?"

"You and Lea will venture to Radiant Garden, and go talk to Leon. He will help you get stronger. Trust me."

"This is a mission?" I asked. I was confused, but if it means getting me stronger then I'm fine with anything. Lea and I went out and went to the main island. I walked with him along the beach and we went to a tree with some star-shaped fruit. I sat down on the tree and Lea leaned against it. I didn't notice at first, but Vivi came up behind us,"Hey guys! Want some sea-salt ice cream." I chuckled and so did Lea.

We sat there for a long time watching the sun set. We talked about nothing important. Then out of the blue Vivi asked,"So you guys are heading out tomorrow?" Lea answered in a fun tone,"Yea, but we'll be back." Vivi turned to me,"Come back safe OK? Don't hurt yourselves." I looked at her for a moment, then I jumped off the tree and said enthusiastically, "Don't worry. Once we come back, we can have more sea-salt ice cream." Lea chuckled,"Yea if you're payin."

"Hey!" I laughed, pretending to give him a punch. We all laughed together. And I totally felt better. Hahaha!!!!