Chapter thirteen: your a fairytail wizard remember?

Lucy walks out of the capital to find a dress. Zeref told her to get a dark color. It was weird, ever since she meet him she liked darker, where she was all about bright happy colors. 'Why am I. Changing so much?' Then she started thinking that she was having no spells anymore where she was coughing up that one stuff. She found it a bit strange. The color was back in her face too like she completely healed somehow.

She gets to a store. The place was huge but, only one dress stuck out to her (above picture). 'It will be perfect for the opera tonight and Zeref couldn't keep his hands off her.' She giggles to herself and grabs the dress. She just had to tell them she was the emperor date and show them a note from him and she got it for free. She skips out of the store happily then she sees team Natsu. Lucy stops dead in her tracks.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" She asks nervously. She spots Jellal and meridly too.

"What are you doing here, Lucy?" Erza asks.

"I... Well you know... Just being with the guy I brought to the dance.

"You mean Zeref," Natsu says. Confusion, hurt, betrayal, and anger were shown throughout his face.

"I'm sorry... I can explain..."

"We think he did a spell on you," grey tells her.

"A spell? No... He wouldn't do that. I know he didn't. I'm here on my own free will."

"Your own free will? Lucy what the hell is going on?" Natsu asks.

"Well, I started being nice to him because... I wanted to save you guys. So there wouldn't be a war. I wanted to change his mind and have him see light.... But, then I fell in love with him..."

The fire dragon slayer was shaking, "you didn't have to do that but, how can you love him? He's evil. Do you know how many people he's killed? It's a countless amour of deaths probably."

"I know... But, I know his reasons for everything. He's not evil. He did everything out of love."

"Love? He doesn't even know the meaning of that word!" Natsu started to lose it.

Tears broke through her eyes as she stared at her best friend because, that pink haired boy was the reason to all Zeref's sins, 'I wanted to protect you most of all,' she thinks, "why are you guys here?"

"To bring you back home," Erza answers.

"I don't want to go back yet. I have plans tonight... I can't just leave."

"Yeah, you're going to that opera with the devil himself," The fire Mage says.

"Natsu..." Lucy says, "I'm so sorry. After tonight I'll leave to go back okay?"

The two stare at each other for a long while.

"Alright, fine. We'll go too though to keep an eye out. I don't trust him and I think he has a plan up his sleeve."

"Alright..." Then she walks away from her friends and back to the capital. Her head hung low and she walks to Zeref's bedroom door. She opens it and sees him laying on the bed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He gets up and puts both his hands on her face making her look up at him.

"I'm leaving tonight after the opera," she whispers.

He hears her though, "you're leaving already?" His eyes had a hint of pain in them.

"I'm sorry. I saw Natsu and them today. Did you know they were here?"

"I noticed yesterday."

"Why didn't you warn me?"

"I didn't want to ruin are time together. I wanted it to stay like a dream."