12.

I couldn't believe I had finally reached 16, I looked into the mirror and I was staring at a woman in her twenty's. The past few months had been a trip that I wouldn't ever take again. I didn't regret the way my live had pawned but if I could go back to the day I met Bliss, I would have looked the other way. It was because of him I was a long way from home and down a totally different road than what I wanted my life to become. I exited the bathroom and looked down at Archie was lacing up his sneakers as we were getting ready to hit the town. We had been taking trips and spending money and enjoying each other's company. We were currently in New Orleans, Louisiana; Archie had met a few guys that had paid him to do a few features of with one of the hottest rappers in their city right now, Magnolia B. "You, ight?" He asked standing up and grabbing the keys from the cherry wood night stand.

"Yeah," I whispered, grabbing my purse and adjusting the strings on my Nike Wind runner. "Today's my birthday."I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why you didn't say anything, I would have gotten you something special; we could have gone out and hit the town hard!"He said in a loud tone.

"Because, it's just a birthday." I said shrugged again. "It's just I'm not your average sixteen year old, If I never met Bliss I probably would trying to hit the skating rink or a basement party. I feel so grown now, that shit doesn't excite me." I said laughing but serious.

"You sure you don't want to do nothing?" He asked me.

"I'm sure," I said.

I really didn't talk much through the day; I just had matured so much my mind was running reckless. I didn't have one innocent bone left in my body, I felt tarnished, ruined; like I was damaged goods or something. We had hit the mall, hit the fifth ward and then headed to the studio, which was in someone's basement. "Come in the booth with me," Archie said after a few hours of them going through the motions of trying to record a hit.

"What?"I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Come on," He grinned. "I wrote something about you, and I want you to hear it." He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the booth, giving me a set of headphones that would let me hear everything he heard. I wrapped my arms around his waist and listened in to everything that left his lips.

"5'2, pretty lips, and the face of a doll.

She my bitch and she love me even though I'm a dawg!

I make her scratch my back when we fucking.

Hit it raw without a rubber and I know that she love it.

Stole her from this fuck nigga name Bliss, and I know he regret it.

Trust her with my drugs and I trust her with my cheddar.

I'm a force by myself, but shawty but make me better.

Lips like Megan good and dimples like Lauren London,

no matter how far, she knows that I'm coming... and that's one hundred. "He paused after his verse. "Okay, now when they place it back, I want you sing."He said looking at me.

"Sing what?" I laughed. "I can't sing." I rolled my eyes.

"Just make something up, they gon' fix it up real good I promise." He kissed my lips and left me in the booth by myself.

I waited until his verse replayed in full and came in on the next bar. "And that's 100, everything you do baby you know I love it, that's 100. Everything you say makes me feel some type of way and I love it, that's 100." I repeated the line a couple times and finished. I opened my eyes and seen Archie grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah that's a hit shawty!" Magnolia B as I came out of the booth. He went in a recorded his part with a break or any playbacks.

It seemed like it had taken them hours to get everything in the right places with the right filter and to my surprise it sounded amazing. I sounded amazing; I couldn't believe it was me on the record. "That's not me!" I giggled.

"Baby, that's you!" He chuckled. "Shit, you definitely sound official! Once we get Gucci to sign off on it! We can try and get it pushed to the radio, or at least the internet." Archie gleamed. "You got me out here looking like King Midus!" he picked me up and spun me around."Man, I love yo' ass." He whispered into my ear. I didn't respond, I pretended as if I didn't hear it and he pretended he didn't say it.

After we left the studio, we got in the car and headed back to the hotel to get our stuff so we can head back to Chicago. "I picked you up something, I know you said not to get you anything but it's your birthday, everybody deserves something special." I told him as he handled me a gold box. Ever since I had moved to Chicago I had mastered the art of saying as little as possible about myself but making people feel like they knew me. Bliss didn't even know me!

I opened the box; it was a gold chain with a diamond incrusted a dangling from it. "It's beautiful," I said smiling from ear to ear.

"You're mine now, fuck everybody else they don't even matter anymore."