Chapter Eight: Rehabilitation

When Jez awoke she was in her bed at Alberton Hall, Lily was sitting on the end of her bed, speaking aloud to Curtis.

"She can come back." Curtis spoke. "She can be Jezebel again."

"Killing you will be my only regretful kill." Jez sat up, she wasn't joking, she had trusted Curtis and he had betrayed her.

"Please let them help you." Curtis pleaded with her.

"I do not need help." Jez stared coldly at Lily. "Why am I here, what was that blue light?"

Lily shifted slightly, Jez was wondering why Lily was here at all. Was she waiting for her to wake up? Even after what had happened?

"That was Sebastian." Lily got up as Jez scrambled out of bed "He has never used his power before. That was the first time we had ever seen it." Lily looked paler than usual.

"Aren't I special, now if you'll excuse me, I have several people on my hit list." Jez pulled out her box from under the bed and grabbed out a heavy black gun. Jez snapped the cartridge in and headed for the door.

Before she had even got to the door, she pointed her gun at it and blasted it off its hinges. The frame was covered in thick flames "Jez wait!" Lily stopped her from moving out the room.

"Let us help you." Lily grabbed her shoulder and stood dangerously in front of her. Jez continued to walk, Lily walked back with her hands up "Think about your parents!" She yelled. This stopped Jez from walking, she raised her gun a little. "Your parents never stopped searching for you, now your back I plan to find you for them. Your parents searched their entire lives for you and now we are going to bring you back for them." Lily's eyes were as fiery as her hair, filled with determination and strength that had Jez wondering if it was really possible to be brought back from the edge of oblivion.

Jez lowered her gun "You really want to bring me back. Fine. We'll try it your way, but I am going to find Ordan, if he hasn't already gotten me on his ship by then."

Lily jumped a little and clapped, Jez raised her gun a little, irritated by her happiness. "Ok let's go." Lily grabbed Jez's hand and pulled her out the flaming door frame. The doors smoked, "Someone will put that out for us." Lily waved at the flames and continued to pull Jez downstairs and into the living room.

Everyone was immediately on red alert, all except Sebastian who merely set his book down onto the coffee table and looked at her. All their eyes fell onto Jez's gun, Lily dropped Jez's hand and skipped over to Kip "She agreed to let us help her."

"Thank you Jez." Curtis sighed, he had somehow managed to hack the entire house and was now able to communicate with everyone whenever he wanted.

"You." Jez walked over to the coffee table and dumped her gun down onto it "I will kill." She spoke to Curtis.

"You will hopefully be a little more humane about it." Curtis joked, he loved Jez like a sister, he knew she would never hurt him, Jez on the other hand knew nothing of the sort.

"Let's have a little music." Leo clapped his hands, he hadn't spoken at all last night. He hadn't spoken to anyone until he had spent the night in a spare bedroom with Zara.

Leo wondered over to the radio and turned it on, Jez's head snapped to the radio. "What is this?"

"Oh this is a classic." Zara chirped up, "Justin Beiber's Baby, it is such a good song."

Jez grabbed her gun off the coffee table and shot at the radio, there was a deafening explosion as pieces of radio flew across the living room. Kip shielded Lily in his arms and Sebastian dived on the sofa as a chunk of radio flew over his head and smashed into the coffee table.