Chapter Four: Punch Meeting

Whilst Bo raided the fridge for breakfast Titan had left the students to go an awaken Jez, it was seven o'clock and Titan had volunteered to go and wake her up. He wanted to be sure she was still there and hadn't run off during the night.

"So what do you think about Jez?" Kip asked Lily, who would never give him an un-honest answer.

"I think she's hiding a lot of her feelings." Lily smiled at Kip as he came to sit next to her on the sofa.

"Quite." Sebastian put down his book on the coffee table.

"She sure is a piece of work." Kip stuffed a bagel into his mouth. "You think she's hiding something?"

"Bo-No-Mo-To thinks she's hurting." Bo sat crossed legged on the floor in front of the fire with his food.

"You think?" Kip took some of Bo’s food and stuffed it into his chipmunk cheeks "It doesn't even look as if she knows what hurt is."

"Bo's right, she's put up defenses. She's probably a really nice person under the facade." Lily chirped up, eager to make Jez seem like an angel.

A loud banging echoed throughout the house followed by loud screams of pain. There were loud thumps of frantic footsteps running down the stairs, Titan came sprinting down into the living room, his leg smoking as if it had been set on fire.

"Yeah." Kip snorted "She's an absolute sweetie."

Jez crawled out of bed, she placed her fire gun under her pillow and walked like a zombie to the shower.

Jez threw off her clothes and jumped into the shower. There were three clicks in her ear "Morning sunshine."

Jez grunted her welcome, too groggy to articulate sentences. Jez let the water pound her for a while until she was awake enough to move again.

"You know I can see you in the mirror right?" Curtis interrupted the morning silence.

Jez looked up and saw herself in the long mirror "And?"

"You should be more modest." Curtis scolded her.

"Why? I know what I have, and it's nothing you haven't seen before." Jez dried herself with a towel and walked to her box. She pulled out a pair of denim trousers and a camel coloured hoodie.

"All the same, it wouldn't hurt you to be more discrete." Curtis continued the lecture of modesty.

"It doesn't matter either way, its only you; you have seen me in a much worse state than a naked one." Jez pulled on her tracks and wondered back to the bathroom.

Jez looked in the mirror and sighed. "You look nice, considering you never smile."

Jez glowered at herself, knowing Curtis would see the stare meant for him "I'd smile if there was something to smile about."

Jez looked at her face closely, her emerald eyes and light brown hair complimented each other well. Her proud straight nose was lined perfectly in the centre of her face, making a nice symmetrical feature. Her large rouge lips were pouty and were the dominant feature of her face.

"I'm tired." Jez pulled her wet hair away from her face.

"Well don't go back to bed." Curtis mocked "Who dared to wake you this morning anyway?"

"Titan." Jez started to towel dry her hair.

"What did you do?" Curtis moaned "You can't afford to be aggressive here."

"Oh I just set his leg on fire. He put it out in the bathroom quickly enough." Jez gave a half smile.

"Trust you to only smile at the prospect of pain." Curtis laughed "You better go down stairs."