Chapter 2

I walked down the hall with the support of my physical therapist .

''Ella , you've made remarkable progress in the last two weeks . I think you're going to be home in less than a week .'' I smiled and agreed . The truth was , I didn't want to go home . He would be there . I could feel him there , just waiting .

I slowly began walking without his support . The truth was , I should've gone home two days ago . I decided that I would try to stretch out my stay as long as I could .

Because he was going to kill me . I didn't know just how fast I was walking until the Therapist pointed it out . ''Wow ! Ella , you're walking like you were never hurt . Maybe you should go home as soon as tomorrow ! '' He exclaimed . I laughed uneasily . Good Going Ellie , you just committed suicide .

" A-Are you sure?'' I said in a last attempt .

''Positive . If it was my choice , I'd send you off today !''

''No , no , no ! That isn't necessary . Tomorrow's fine .'' I insisted .

''Mkay then ! We'll pack you up , and get you home in no time . '' I opened my hospital door , and sent the Doctor off .

Sighing , I flipped on the light switch . I never slept with it off . Not Anymore , at least . If I did . . Then he'd come .

I shoved the thought out of my mind . No use making myself insane . I sunk into the uncomfortable bed , and closed my eyes .

Tomorrow , I'd reunite with my family and Jenny .

/.-/.-/.-/.-/

I waved at the Doctor who walked me to my car . ''Thanks again!'' I said with a smile . ''No problem . Be safe !'' Chills went down my spine . Because I wasn't going to be . I was going to die , and nobody could help me . . That I knew .

Before I realized it , I arrived at my apartment . I gulped , evil was emating from it . There's a reason that I didn't like living alone and murderer's lurking in the corners of my house is one of 'em .

These apartments didn't particularly have floors - They were more like cheap one bedroom houses that were connected side by side .

I turned the knob , and was surprised to find it locked . I would've thought he'd broken in by now .

'Maybe . . He doesn't know where you live . How could he ?'

This thought put me at great ease . It was true . How could he know where I lived ? He didn't even know my name .

Then I realized that I . . I left my purse back at that house.

Damn .

Sighing , I decided that I would have to go back . As soon as I got in my car , I felt like I was being watched .

Looking around , I didn't spot anybody . Still , the eeriness didn't leave me .

/.-/.-/.-/.-/.-/

I soon realized my bag wasn't going to be there . Even if it was , i sure as hell wasn't going to be allowed in there . I decided I'd try my luck with the police station .

''Hey .'' I greeted the Police woman sitting at the front office .

''Hello , is there anything I can help you with ?''

''Well . . You see , '' I scratched my head , careful not to scratch the stitches . '' I was in a sticky situation a few weeks ago , and I was hopping my bag was here ?''

''Ella ?'' She asked .

''Yes Ma'am .''

''Oh yes , let me go get it . '' She excused herself , and dissapeared through a door .