Guessing Sparkles (Epilogue)

"Love can take you by surprise. It will hit you when you least expect it to come." 

Epilogue: "Guessing Sparkles"

4 years later

 I looked at the girl in the mirror and adored how she looked magnificently great with her white dress. She wore her hair down, just like how she was used to—but now it was extra special with a sparkling tiara resting above at the center of her head. The tiara gave her a lovely glow that could tell all the people in the world how happy she was for this day. A day that she never thought would come, but eventually, with the help of fate, it came. Though, she must admit, that her happy ending didn't come instantly. She had been through a lot difficulties, not to mention being parted with the man she dearly loved. But she was lucky, for fate believed she deserved a chance to change her miserable life and paint the town with bright colors she once said, were exactly what she needed in her life. 

 The beauty coming from the tiara was nothing compared to the youthful glow of her eyes. They looked so happy, that anyone who will see it, would definitely find it hard not to return the smile to her. To say that she was happy for this day, would be the understatement of the year. For she felt more than being happy. She was contented for how her dreams turned out and thankful for everyone who believed in her. Funny, but years ago, she used to tell herself that she won't get anywhere far in life. But, luckily, fate wasn't around when she said those words—or else, she would be miserable forever. With no one to rely on but her helpless self. Even the sound of it made her stomach turn upside down. My gaze turned to the ring sitting on her ring finger. It glowed with so much beauty. Funny, but the ring was lucky that she fell under the hand of a very beautiful lady. Looking at the ring, it brought me back to reality. And the reality was that, I wasn't dreaming. Everything around me was true and not just part of an illusion I had in mind. This was true and knowing it was made me feel a warm glow inside. 

 A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts and I looked back at the wooden door, wondering who that might be. My first plan was to stay and admire the beautiful reflection in the mirror for awhile, but half of my mind demanded to be punctual just for this once. So, needless to say, I turned my heels on and opened the door. And there stood Aunt Josie wearing the best dress in town, along with her was the sister I was thankful to have in my life—Katniss. They had happy smiles painted on their lips. How Katniss managed to still look fashionable while being pregnant would still remain a mystery to me. I was glad to know that everything went well for her and Matthew. Now, I'd like to share the funny moment I had during her wedding day. It started when I drank one too many shots of tequila and from there I got lost of control. My mind was clueless on how I ended up at the stage shouting to the guests how I'd love to be the next bride in the family. And, according to Peter, he wouldn't argue with what I wanted since that was what he dreamed to do too. The ending was we both got drunk by the end of the night and sneaked into a skating rink, not knowing there were guards around. Or maybe we both knew that already, but we were just stubborn to even think of the right thing that moment.

"How are you feeling?" I said and helped Katniss find her seat. "I can't believe we only have to wait for two months until I become a real aunt."

 Katniss rolled her eyes, and placed her hand on her baby bump. She looked as lovely as she was before. And, there was no doubt, that Matthew grew lucky enough to have himself a lovely wife. I swear, she still looked like a fashion model even with her tummy growing as days gone by. Aunt Josie, on the other hand, looked great too. There was something about her face that made me smile. She looked twice younger than her age. And perhaps, it was because the woman was in love yet again. Love is sweeter the second time around, eh?