Chapter 4

Thank you so  much for being a fan.

Please excuse any mistakes or point them out, I would love to fix them. Thank you! Comment and Vote if you like it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

EMILIE’S STORY

Emilie’s mom and dad were married for seven years and they were the happiest couple. Her mom said she was going to be the greatest big sister ever. She was four, but she was going to take her job seriously. Her dad said it wasn’t going to be easy, but she wasn’t worried.

“Mommy, when is the baby coming” Emilie asked once more

“Soon Emilie, I promise, you ask me this every five minutes.”

“That’s because I want to see him” she would say every time

Her mom smiled at her and bent down to give her a kiss. Emilie didn’t understand how she got the baby in her tummy, but in her eyes, her mom was the prettiest girl she’d ever seen, even with the big belly. She loved how her smile lit up her face and her words made Emilie happy.

Emilie and her mom went to sit on the couch; they spent most of their time on it now. They had a nice little house with a small backyard; her mom said that her dad paid it all off, so it was theirs. Emilie loved the outdoors more, and so did her dad. All she wanted to do was run around in the small backyard.

Her dad walked through the door and Emilie ran to meet him, he picked her up and swung her around a couple of times before he put her down. He gave her mom a big kiss and sat down next to her, she leaned into him and Emilie went to sit next to her dad. They were a pretty happy family, they had everything they needed. Her mom didn’t work, so her dad made sure they had everything they needed.  

“Oh no, it’s time” her mom said getting up. Emilie’s dad got up and ran towards the bedroom; they had been practicing for this for a long time. They even drove to the hospital a couple of times before, but it hadn’t been time yet. Emilie was supposed to grab the keys for the car and the house, grab her backpack that had everything that she would need. Her dad grabbed the suitcase that had everything and he helped her mom to the car.

It seemed like a long time later in her four years old mind, before she got to see her mom. She looked tired but still beautiful, she was holding a baby. Her dad had finally let her inside and Emilie had never been so happy in her short life. She was going to love this baby so much and she was going to take care of him.

“The baby is here” she said as my dad looked down at me

“Yes, are you ready to be a big sister?” her dad said.

She smiled and nodded, her dad took the baby from her mom and came down to her level “look Emilie, do you want to hold him?”

“Yes” she whispered. She was so happy, it was a wonder she didn’t squeal in delight. She went to one of the seats lined against the wall and climbed in. Her dad fixed the baby in her little arms and stood next to Emilie just watching.

“Daddy, what’s his name” She said with wide eyes.

“Caleb” both mom and dad said at once. She had never seen a baby this close before, but he was the cutest baby ever.

***

Approximately 1 year later…

Her little brother was only one and she couldn’t wait for him to grow older, Emilie wanted to play around with him especially in the backyard. Now that she was five years old, she was even more protective of him.