Chapter 2

Please point out any mistakes you see. 

Vote comment and fan if you like it. 

Thanks!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

Joshua felt a presence near him, so he opened his eyes. There was a very pretty young girl in the room with him, she was a nurse and she was checking on his brother.

“How is he doing?” he asked, startling her.

She jumped and let out a squeal, but she quickly regained her composure.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t think you were awake. He’s the same as he was a few hours ago”

“I’m sorry I startled you”

“It’s okay, I’m just here to check on his IV on him to make sure he’s okay.”

“Okay, so what’s your name?”

“Oh, hi, I’m sorry” she said looking all flustered “my name is Chloe” She shifted the clipboard from her right to her left hand and extended her hand for Joshua to shake.

“Nice to meet you Chloe, I’m Joshua.” He introduced himself, as he shook her hand. “I know we don’t look anything alike but he’s my brother.” He added

Chloe shook her head yes and turned back to her task. Joshua left her to what she was doing while secretly checking her out. Soon he felt disgusted with himself; he found it hard to believe that while his brother was in a coma, he was lusting after a very beautiful girl in a nurse outfit. Before his thoughts could take him any further, he left the room in a hurry and decided to go get something to eat.

There was a small diner not too far from the hospital. He drove there and while he sat there eating, Chloe walked in the restaurant too. She looked around and their eyes met, she smiled and he found himself returning the smile. Before he could understand what was happening, Joshua had motioned for her to come and sit with him and Chloe had gladly accepted. They’d talked for a while and they found out a lot about each other.

About an hour later, Joshua decided it would be good to head home and shower. Since he didn’t want to keep driving the rental, he tried his luck.

“I have to return this rental, and get one of my brother’s car, would it be too much if I asked you for a ride back to the house?” he asked Chloe

“Oh no, my shift is over, I don’t mind” she said eagerly.

From the conversation they were having both at the restaurant; Joshua had learned a lot about her. He had learned even more from the car ride back home. Chloe had followed him to the rental, and then waited to drop him off at his brother’s place. He then went home later to take a shower.

His week was pretty simple, his nights were spent at the hospital even though the nurses –mostly Chloe- insisted that he went home. When he didn’t budge, they had agreed to let him stay, so they gave him one of those pullout couches for overnight family members. Chloe came by and check on him whenever she had a chance. They formed a bond over that week that even he couldn’t understand. He couldn’t help but wonder if his brother ever experienced something like that.

Joshua went home in the mornings to shower and eat, then went right back to the hospital. Sometimes he would invite Chloe to have lunch with him, which she often did. Around four, he’d go home again, where he’d relax, spend some time watching TV before returning to the hospital for the night.