Chapter XXI- The Road So Far

After a few days of being kept in the panic room, I was becoming restless with my angel. She'd been quiet, hadn't paid me a single visit since I'd last seen her. Dean came down and checked on me, but Sam was never too far away. Sam had come down and told me he knew what was happening between us, that Dean and I were getting closer. Sam knew that Dean would want to try and come into the cell with me if he didn't watch him.

I was sitting, playing cards with myself and bored out of my mind, when the sound of wings causes me to turn around.

"Ms. Moffett?" I ask, and she nods behind me.

"I've found him," she says, her tone level. She looks on edge, though, as if she is waiting for something.

"Ok, where?" I ask, getting up from the chair.

"There is no need for me to tell you, the boys know now. They will take you with them," she says and I widen my eyes, confused.

"Why don't you tell me?" I ask, and suddenly she is gone. What just happened? I throw the cards on the table to the ground, suddenly furious. Why did everything have to be a secret? I was getting tired of all the waiting. I hear loud, fast footsteps from outside the room; it's the sound of someone running down the stairs. My door is flung open, and I turn quickly to see that the three of the men were there. Bobby was eying me suspiciously, as if I would suddenly grow a third head.

"What's going on?" I ask, half laughing at their dramatic entrance.

"We've found him, we need to leave now," Dean says, his breathing heavy. I nod, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Okay, where is he?" I ask, not surprised. My angel had just given me the information.

"Wyoming. Come on, we're going," Dean says, and I don't hesitate to run from the room and bound with them up the stairs.

*~*~*

We're in the car; Sam and Dean are in the front seat, while my hands are tied together with white cloth in case I have another 'episode'. I can hear the soft beat to a Metallica song at a low volume, and I smile at the back of Dean's head, which is bobbing to the song. The tension is thick; this is what the three of us have waited for. The Winchester's have been anticipating this their entire lives. Bobby was behind us in some beat-up minivan, it was probably loaded with weapons. But those didn't matter; the only weapon we needed was the colt.

"How're ya holding up?" Dean asks, his eyes flicking to mine from the rear-view mirror. I nod, adjusting myself in my seat. My hands are bound in the front, so it's more comfortable than sitting on my hands.

"Just fine," I say, my stomach in knots. I'm ready to be there already. I suggested flying but Dean threw a fit over it being 'expensive' and 'too much planning'. I'd rolled my eyes at him, Sam had told me about his fear of being in the air.

"We're only about an hour away," Sam says, throwing me an apologetic smile from the front seat. I nod, staring out the window and watching the scenery pass by.

*~*~*~*

Surprisingly, the trip goes quickly. I guess all the thinking made the time slip by. It's dark by the time we get there, and I can tell the boys are ready for action.

"How much longer till we hit the graveyard?" Dean asks, Sam's tapping his hand against his thigh.

"We're about a minute away," Sam says, and immediately following his words a bright light flashes up ahead of us.

"Woah- what the hell is that?" I ask, shocked.

"Hell," Dean says, slamming on the gas.

We jump out of the car once we reach our destination. I can see the ritual happening, Azazel in front of the gates, which have just been opened. Surrounding the sky is darkness- I know they're demons.

"We have to close the damn gates!" Bobby says, yelling at the boys and I. We all nod, running forward. I'm suddenly hit with a pain- the same pain that happened when I attacked Dean. I push through it, until it's too much for me to bear. I keel forward, clutching my stomach. Dean turns back to look at me, but I wave him forward.

"Kill Azazel!" I shout, and he nods, I've never seen him look more serious. I watch from a distance at the scene unfold. I see the demons released from hell, I see Sam fighting Azazel's minions with Bobby. Then I see Dean, beat down, on his back. A light surrounds him- it's almost angelic. He lifts his arms, pointing the colt, the only thing that can end this, and he shoots. A shot louder than any I've ever heard hits my ears, and I know the second the round is fired it's the end. I smile, a happy tear falls from my eye, and I lie down and pass out from pain.

~*~*~*~

I wake up in the hospital. Dean is at my arm, his head rested against the bed while he holds my hand.

"Hey," I say, smiling. He sits up immediately and leans forward, kissing my lips passionately.

"Well hello," I say, my dry throat making my voice hoarse.

"You're never allowed to scare me like that again," he says, brushing my hair away from my face. I nod, and he kisses me on the cheek again. Bobby and Sam join the room a few minutes later, both mumbling about us "love birds" to get a room.

"We have a room, and you're in it," Dean says, causing us all to laugh.

"How're you feeling?" Sam asks, setting a cup of water in front of me.

"Pretty good- I think that now that Azazel's gone I won't have to worry about turning demonic again any time soon," I say, causing Dean to smile.

"Hopefully not," Bobby says, adjusting his hat. I smile at the three of them; they were my family.

*~*~*~*

A few days later I applied to my dream college; NYU. Then, a few weeks later, I got my acceptance letter in the mail. Dean was so happy I swear I saw him tear up. Of course I teased him.

"Are you going to miss me while I'm away?" I ask Dean- he's dropping me off at my dorm. He looks around, taking in the area.

"You know I will," he says, leaning forward to give me a goodbye kiss. I smile, wrapping my arms around him.

"You have to come visit me every month," I say, and he chuckles.

"You know I will," he repeats, kissing the top of my head. With those final words and a wink, Dean Winchester slides into his beautiful 1967 Chevy Impala and drives down the street of New York. I take in that moment; his black, classic car mixed in with the modern City. It looked strange, but also beautiful.

I hoist my backpack up my shoulder- turning towards my new life. The only thing making it not so scary was the fact that I knew Dean Winchester would be there in a second if I needed him. Now, it was time to make sure there weren't any ghost stories about the dorm I was now living in.

Author's Note:

Yes... This is the final chapter! Thanks you so much to everyone who has read and supported this story... It really means a lot to me. Thank you so much... be good my hunters.