Chapter Thirteen: Hints Of Affection

A/:N: Sooo, I TRIED to make an effing AWW moment, but reading it through I know I failed miserably. But as the lazy being I am, I didn't want to change the end. So screw it. Anyways, leave a comment regarding this chapter, darling. Buh bye!

(Don't kill me for the short chapters, I mean, come on. You kind of know what kind of person I am by now?)

Sunday morning. I woke up to find an empty bed beside me. It was nine o’clock, where could Lyla possible have gone to?

But I did not give a single damn and stretched out my arms, cracking my neck and fingers. Lyla was old enough to do whatever she wanted to, even if that meant my brother. Because I did in fact have a little idea of where she was.

And who she was with.

Shuddering as I got images beyond imagine I went to the bathroom to get my beautiful being ready.

Then I remembered the night before.

Hands on my hips, cologne hitting my nose and utter joy whenever he touched me. And the suggestion of being friends. Boy was that an interesting Saturday.

Unconsciously I slapped myself.

Get your act together, Kayla Tom aka the Douche was simply one hot guy, no wonder I felt attracted to him. But nothing more.

Distracting myself I got myself to work. Brushed my teeth for minutes, fixing my bedhair, though I looked good either way, and a dash of makeup because a natural look was my asset.

Then I set up a plan for my day. I had yet to apologize to Ryan for the night where I stubbornly put knives on his beliefs and thoughts. So, determined as I was, I got dressed and out the door I went, hoping to find him close by. But I came back to my room disappointed. I found out from one of the nuns, the highest voiced one as well, that Ryan was truly a priest in training and had gone to a city nearby for some lessons.

Slumping down on Lyla’s bed I tried to think of something else. It was a Sunday. Usually I would go to one of my so called friends and get drunk, but given to the obvious fact that I was in a strict religious school, that was no longer an option. Maybe get drunk by the holy water, but I have never been fan of wine anyways.

So I ended up rummaging the room to find anything. I was that bored. You know those moments when you’re in such a state that you’d go out for an adventure? Yes, I was exactly like that.

Well since I felt like an unsocial brat with no urge to get out where people were, I took my adventure in the small room of mine.

After an hour I found a book of science, hidden Barbie dolls (Lyla’s previous addiction, or still one?) and a melted Snickers bar. I threw them all in the garbage as I saw no importance in them.

And then finally, much to my relief of dying of boredom, the door was being knocked on.

I opened it with a smile for whoever was kind enough to visit me.

“Hey-” my wide smile faded. “How the hell did you know where my room was?”

“I got lucky,” Tom went in, grinning. “In more ways than you can imagine.”

I didn’t lock the door. Instead I stopped Tom, grabbed his hair and yanked him out again. “Boys are not allowed in this dorm.”

“What the hell?” he caressed his scalp, frowning at me. “I mean come on. I like it when girl get rough on you, but seriously?”

I grimaced at his pig-like personality.

“Besides,” he looked at me head on, his eyes never wavering for a second. “I thought we were friends.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that people with dicks between their legs are, and I repeat, not allowed in this dorm.” I tried to close the door, but his god damn leg blocked it. Crying out in frustration I went out the door.

“You annoy me in ways I can’t even describe. Leave me alone would you?” I took threatening steps towards him. “I get that you love me and all, but Jesus!”

“Love you?” Tom looked taken back. I loved his shocked expression.

“Only way to describe your puppy like actions, stalking me and all.” I went back to my door, but turned around. I leaned on it with arms crossed as I saw him looking speechless.

“Trust me darling, I don’t love you, but I do find you amusing. And as to the fact that I seem to stalk you? Simply coincident.”

“Yeah, right, whatever that makes you sleep well at night.” I huffed.  But then he turned his cool on and grinned mischievously.

“This is some kind of foreplay, right?” Tom cocked his head. “I mean, the sexual tension between us, wow, I feel the sweat coming.”

“You only think about one thing, simple minded pig.” I frowned and opened the door.

Before I went in and about to close the door I heard him say one more thing that stopped me with a halt.

“Ryan forgives you, you know.”

I opened the door half way, looking at him with narrowed eyes and asked of what he meant by that, suspicion arousing.

“I told him that you seemed very sorry for what you said and he became all sad, saying that you shouldn’t be sorry at all. That he was very sorry for whomever that made you think like that and that he wishes you all the best.” Tom chuckled. “He went all crybaby as well. Saying that you deserve the best and hoped that God would grant you Heaven and blah blah blah. Such sentimental b.s.”

I smiled, looking down on my feet as those words warmed me in places I thought went cold for a long time ago. I felt my heart beat as I thought of Ryan saying all that.

He cares for me, I thought smilingly, and I don’t even know why.

“You should really learn from your brother,” I said slowly, still looking down. But I gazed up on Tom, my eyes stinging. “He is a very good guy.”

Tom’s expression changed. Was it anger I saw?

“Yeah,” he turned around. I heard him mutter something, but ignored it as a thought popped up into my warm head, filled with thoughts of a guy who spared thoughts of me and my well being.

“Hey!” I yelled. He looked behind curiously. “Why did you come in the first place?”

He smiled. “For starters, to give you that message from my possible gay brother.”

I chuckled, feeling no hatred towards him at the moment. The words still tingled and warmed me inside, I felt incredibly good.

“And?” I waited.

“And I wanted to see you.” Tom walked away.