Chapter Eight: Snickers

“Music?” Ryan offered and I nodded eagerly. I haven’t listened to any kind of music but the nuns singing Happy Day in the music classes. It had been a pain to my ears, and I needed to ease that. Everyone knows that the typical American teenager need to listen to music. It’s practically our little drug. And we all get addicted by the very first time we try it out.

Ryan clicked on the button and the lovely Rita Ora’s How We Do boomed at us. Immediately I began singing with her, not caring if it was pain to others.

It was my favorite song, therefor I will sing it. As loud as I could.

We got that sweet hot loving, dancing in the dark.

Ryan looked at me with a crooked smile. I smiled back and closed my eyes. I stopped singing, but I got lost in the music. Rita Ora’s voice was like heaven. I adore her and her style, attitude everything. And this song was practically made just for me.

I smiled through my closed eyes.

Ryan’s laugh was low, but cheerful as the song got to the party and bullshit part. He obviously enjoyed the song by the drum sounds his thumbs made on the steer.

Ryan might only be a stranger I was using for my own good, but he seemed like a great guy. If he wasn’t my key to get kicked out, we would probably be good friends.

“Nice song.” Ryan commented as the song ended. I sighed. If I could only put it on replay.

“My favorite.” I replied and  leaned on my seat, legs up on the desk. With another sigh I opened my eyes and looked out of the window. We had somehow stopped in front of Wal-Mart.

“Y’all got Wal-Mart. Nice.” I said awed and looked at all the cars.

“Texas got it all.”

“Texas?!” I turned on my head so fast my neck made a crackling noise. Reflexive my hand lied down where my shoulder and neck met. The pain was throbbing, but the shock was even worse.

“I’m in Texas?!” I cried out and felt my eyes get bigger, my jaw tighter. My mouth dropped and I looked carefully everywhere.

It was then I noticed.

At least 40% was wearing cowboy boots and hats as if they were drawn out of a weird cliché cowboy movie. With sticks in their mouth they walked around, tipping their hats whenever the men saw a fine lady.

“What the-“ I was out of my mind. I was so surprised and so mad. Did my mother drug me down with bleach and kidnapped me to the other side of America. How the hell did I end up in Texas?

“Yes, didn’t you know?” Ryan looked at me confused. I glared at him.

“No, no I screamed out ‘Texas’ in fake shock. Yes I knew I was in cowboy Texas all the time. Du’uh.” I snapped with a thin sarcastic voice. Ryan didn’t get hurt or offended as Lyla would be, instead he laughed.

“How could you not know?” he said through his moments of laughs. His shoulders shook and he lied a hand down on his stomach, feeling the sixpack coming through. He was laughing so hard.

“Stop laughing!” I begged and looked at him and looked around frustrated.

No no no. I couldn’t be in Texas. No no, this is a nightmare. This explains so much. Their horrible taste of fashion for an example.

“Okay, okay.” Ryan calmed himself down, but still here and now bubbles of laughter escaped his mouth. “Just so you know; we’re in Dallas.” Ryan continued.

As if the day could get any worse.

“None of you guys have the weird accent.” I said and looked exaggerated at him.