The Unknown - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

~ YOUR POV ~
“Bye, I’ll see you tomorrow!” I said to Liz and Alison before I started to walk home. It was already 4:00PM when school ended. The sky was grey and cloudy, like the clouds were about to explode and let their raindrops fall on earth. It was a weird day at school, Austin and I didn’t talk to each other, we only made eye contact when we saw each other this morning, but nothing more. I was hurt by the fact we actually had a fight, even though it was only a few hours ago our fight started, I already missed him, just as my friend. I needed him, every day, even though I was still hurt by his words about Harry. 
Plus Austin and I didn’t talk to each other, Harry wasn’t in school today. I didn’t know why and I texted him twice, but he didn’t answer. I wasn’t a person who forced someone to answer my texts, so that’s why I didn’t send more texts or called him. 
I looked at my phone, like I actually did the whole day, waiting for Harry’s response. I sighed, why did he ignore me? I kicked a small pebble away which lay in front of my feet while I put my phone back in the pocket of my jeans, I hated it when people ignored me for no reason. Well, maybe there was a reason for Harry to not answer me, but I couldn’t bring up what. 
My movements became faster as a raindrop fell on the end of a strand of hair which was in front of my eyes. Through the water drop I could see the blurry area in front of me, grey clouds, green grass surrounding the dirty water from the ditch. I raised my hand in front of my face and let the now wet piece of hair fell between the end of my index finger and my thumb. The raindrop disappeared on my skin. I looked down at my feet as they made their way over the pavement, towards home. 
My dad came home today, only a few hours ago after I went to school. I was excited to see him again after a few days without him. The days I was home alone, Harry and I hang out at my place. But now I was sure I couldn’t bring him with me anymore, because my father would never allow him to step into our house. 
Only a few minutes before I could reach my front door, I walked past the park, the park which wasn’t unknown for me. It was the place I met Harry for the first time, even though it wasn’t a nice first meeting, because he was in so much pain…
Blue, flickering lights greeted me in the corner of my right eye. I turned my head a little bit, seeing two cars. The word ‘police’ was surrounded by blue and yellow squares on the door. In the distance I saw policemen with their hands on their hips while a bright yellow vests covered their torsos. Only a few meters away from the car I saw a tall boy, wearing a white t-shirt, red dots of blood, and a red snapback. The black stubble on his chin eventuated to his ears, forming sideburns. 
As I crossed the street, I could see his pale face and the dark, red skin around his eyes. His wrist were bound in handcuffs behind his back. I walked through the metal gates and walked past one of the police cars. The windows were black tinted, I couldn’t see a thing through the glass. I stopped walking when I stood next to the blue and yellowed car, not wanting to interrupt the situation. The boy with the red snapback turned his head and gave me a pervasive glance, his dark eyebrows knit together as his lips were in a straight line. Raindrops running down his pale face as the muscles in his arms tighten. A woman with her short, blonde hair in a simple pony tail turned around, her arms crossed in front of her chest. A small smile spread on her pink lips. She looked down to her feet as she raised one foot up and made her way towards me. 
“I guess you are (YN)?” She said on a friendly tone. My heart skipped a beat as my lips parted slightly. How did she know that? I let out a breath, puffs of smoke floated around my mouth. “Yes, why?” I asked confused. The woman set her hands on her hips as she looked over her shoulder. “The young boy over there,” She looked back at me, “Got into a fight with someone else.” My nostrils widen, trying to inhale more air as my heart started to beat faster. “Yeah…?” I whispered. “I understand you know a boy named Harry Styles?” She asked. 
My heart skipped a beat, Harry. Did Harry fight again? Was he okay? Did he fight with the boy who stood only a few meters away from me? I started to breathe heavier as I felt my eyes burning. I nodded as I bit my lip. “Well, (YN), can you come with me to the police station?” She asked as she put her arm around me, her hand on my shoulder. She didn’t even wait for me to answer as we walked towards a police car on the other side of the park.