The Unknown - Chapter 5

Please vote for this story, it will mean a lot! :)

Chapter 5

~ YOUR POV ~

“What will people think of us?” I asked as I shuffled in the car seat to face Harry. My back leaned against the window as Harry stopped his car in front of our school. His dark, curly quiff shone in the sunlight which shone through the windshield of his black Range Rover. He looked up to me, his green eyes looking into mine. He shrugged his shoulder, “We’ll see,” He mumbled. I didn’t answer as he got his seatbelt off and opened the car door. In a few seconds I realized I was staring at the windshield, thinking about how people in school would react. I let out a sigh and unbuckled my seatbelt before reaching out to the door handle, but it was locked. With frowned eyebrows I looked to the curly boy who just stepped out of his car and threw the door shut. “Harry!” I shouted, trying to get his attention. He shove his black sunglasses on his nose as he looked through the window. A smirk spread on his plump lips as he walked over to the other side of his car. Even though he wore sunglasses with dark shades, I could see his eyes through the glass, I saw the happiness in his eyes as he opened the car door for me. I was only a little bit higher than him, my knees were the same on the same height as just above his waist. He raised his hand to help me out while a smirk was still drawn on his pink lips. I lay my hand in his while I grabbed my bag from the floor of the car before Harry helped me out. Harry threw the door shut and locked it. “Why was my door locked?” I asked as we started walking. I tried to keep distance between us, because I was afraid of what people would think about us. Harry didn’t answer me. “Harry?!” I hissed, wanting to know the answer. I took a few big steps so I stood in front of him and I stopped walking. “What?!” He growled as he looked into my eyes. “Why was my door locked?” I hissed through gritted teeth as I could feel his warm breath washing over my face. I saw he pressed his lips firmly against each other. “I can’t tell you…” He whispered. “Why?” I said without hesitating. “Probably you’ll think it’s…. undue and stupid.” He mumbled before I shook my head, “No, I won’t.” “You don’t even know yet what it’s about?” He said while letting out a chuckle. I cross my arms in front of my chest and narrowed my eyes to avoid the sunlight shining into them. “Just tell me.” I forced him as he sighed. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his denim jeans and looked over my shoulder. “Just to be sure you’re safe…” He mumbled. “Why wouldn’t I?” I asked confused. He looked back into my eyes again, “I’m afraid someone suddenly opens the car door and pulls you out or something…” He whispered, his voice cracking. “Haz,” I said as I sighed, “That’s really sweet of you, but you know that will never happen?” A giggle escaped my throat by his words repeating in my head. He shrugged one shoulder as he looked away from me. “Come,” He said, changing the subject, “Let’s go.” I nodded before he entwined our fingers lightly, our fingers brushing against each other. 

In the corner of my eye I saw other students, who were waiting for the first lesson, looking up at us. Students lay in the green grass, in the shadow of the trees while the sun was shining. A group of boys lay in the grass as they leaned on their elbows while following our movements. A few girls, who were only a year older than I was, whispered to each other, holding their hand in front of their mouth as they looked at the curly boy who hold my hand. 

We walked towards the big entrance door of the school building when suddenly a dark blonde haired boy with a blue grey caught my eye. I turned my head to see my best friend standing in the crowd, just behind the whispering girls. His jaw was lightly dropped and his blue eyes were widen under his raised eyebrows. I gave him a small smile and raised my hand to wave, I saw him frowning his eyebrows and shaking his head, looking away from me. Immediately I felt guilty because he wanted me to stay away from Harry Styles, and now, I was holding Harry’s hand.