Chapter Twenty-Five: It's Me...

SENPAI TALKED TO ME! EEK! (∀≦)ノ゙
SO HAPPY~! {}
SO STUPID~! (@o@)
SO FABULOUS~! ʅ()ʃ
*FAINTS* [o]

~~~

Natsu's POV:

"You're hanging out with Lucy? I thought you wanted to help me do the chores," Mom said. I looked at her in confusion.

"Since when did I ever start doing the chores?" She let out a laugh. I was about to shut the door when my mom stopped me.

"Hold on a sec, sweetie," she said as she started ruffling my hair.

"I'm getting really late, Ma," I said. She gave me a cheery smile and patted my head.

"My son is becoming a man!" She exclaimed. I put my hoodie up to hide my embarrassment.

"Ja ne," I waved. I closed the front door and walked all the way to where I was suppose to meet Lucy. In other words, the library. We're both partnering up for a school project and we both need to do some research about the history of Fiore.

"Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed as she saw me. I placed my finger on my lips to indicate for her to be quiet. She nodded her head.

"You need to be quiet, Luce. After all, we're in a library," I told her. She grabbed my hand and yanked me towards the computer. I looked at it in amazement.

"Wow! You almost finished!" I exclaimed softly.

"I am pretty good at research," she boasted. I rolled my eyes and scrolled down to find some more information.

"I think you are finished," I said. She shook her head. She grabbed a book from the top shelve and handed it to me.

"Now, it's your turn to do some research," Lucy said as opened the book to page 258. She pointed at the myths and legends people used to believe during historical time.

"Do I have to?" I pouted. She handed me a cup of coffee with whipped cream that was nicely drizzled with caramel on the top.

"I'll help you, but you have to do at least some work," she said as she drank her strawberry latte with garnished strawberries. I sighed in defeat and started to work until the afternoon. I threw my hands in the air when I finally finished my part of the project.

"Done!" I said as I pressed the save button. Lucy clapped her hands at my accomplishment.

"Great job! Now, we don't have to turn in the research until next week!" She squealed. My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Huh? I thought the research was due two days from now," I said. She scratched her head.

"Uh, well, I sorta...kinda...maybe...likely...lied to you?" She said uncertainly.

"I can't believe you have the ner-"

"Nerve to lie to you? It's for a good reason, Natsu. Plus, you should be happy. We don't have to worry about the research anymore," Lucy said as she put on her coat.

"I guess, but you didn't have to lie to me to get the research done early."

"Ironic, coming from a guy who begs me to help him with homework at the very last minute," she countered.

~~~

Lucy's POV:

"Yeah, yeah, but in a healthy relationship, we have to be truthful to one another," Natsu said as he threw his empty cup away. I knew he didn't mean anything by it, but I couldn't help, but blush at what he said.

"L-Let's go home," I suggested. We both exited the library and started walking.

"Wait, whose house exactly?" Natsu asked.

"Your house. I want to see Wendy again and see how she's doing," I answered. As Natsu and I walked in comfortable silence, it was immediately interrupted by the sound of a ringtone.

"Hello?" Natsu said as he answered the phone. I was curious about the phone call and waited patiently for him to tell me. He hung up the phone and started dragging me towards his house.

"H-Hey! W-What's gotten into you?" I asked. He didn't answer and kept dragging me towards his house.

Just what on earth is happening?

~~~

Natsu's POV:

I just ran. I heard only three words come out of the phone. It was my mother's. The tone of her voice was enough for me to know there was something important I needed to attend to.

"Come home, Natsu..."

Those were the only three words she said after I hung up. I dragged Lucy back to my house and arrived at the front door. I wasn't able to gather the courage to open the door. Something was stopping me. Lucy held my hand for support.

"I don't know what the problem is, but if me being here can help you get through this, I will gladly do it," Lucy said as she tightened her grip. Somehow, her words were enough for me to open the door and see what's inside. I only saw two people in the room. My mom and a man that was about six feet tall. His hair was blood red and tousled like mine. The minute I saw him was the minute I knew who he was.

"Dad, is that you?" I asked the tall man. He looked at me with guilt written all over his eyes.

"It's me..." He said in a sorrowful tone. My eyes widened in shock. After all of these years, how could he have the nerve to come here and face us? He left me. He left his family. What could he possibly want now?

"Why are you here?" I asked bitterly. He looked down, not wanting to face me bravely.

"I'm sorry..." Was all he could muster up.

"That doesn't mean I forgive you for leaving us for thirteen years." I said venomously. Lucy grabbed my hand and held it tightly

"Calm down, Natsu," she whispered softly. Listening to her, I relaxed my muscles and took a deep breath.

"Mom! Guess what? I-"

"Not now, Wendy," Mom said as she saw Wendy coming down the stairs. Wendy looked at father and had a puzzled look on her face.

"Who are you?" She asked. Dad slowly walked up to Wendy. I was about to stop him, but Lucy wouldn't let me. She shook her head as an indication to let him talk to her.

"Can you be so kind introduce yourself before me?" Father asked.

"M-My name is W-Wendy. I-I'm Natsu's sister," Wendy said hesitantly. "Who are you?" She asked. Dad's eyes widened.

"I have a daughter?" He asked Mom. She nodded.

"You're...my dad? I-I thought you were dead..." Wendy said. Dad looked at Mom in disbelief.

"You lied to her?" He said in disbelief.

"Of course not, Igneel! You were never her father from the first place!" Mom said coldly.

"But-"

"I don't want to see you ever again!" Mom exclaimed. "Get out!" She added.

"I'm trying to mend my mistakes, Grandine! I know that I've been selfish and foolish, but I've changed for the better!"

"You should've thought that before you left our family!" I fought back.

"I-I think I..." Wendy started to get dizzy. She was about to fall down from the stairs until Dad caught her.

"WENDY!"

~~~

Did you know that 1,278 is divisible by 6? GENIUS! My lips really hurt, minna. It's painful to even smile. I feel so sad... :'( I shouldn't be sad about it, but I am. Hey, on the bright side I got some drama going on. I mean you got to be crazy if you don't like one bit of drama. KOREAN DRAMA! I'm currently watching Kill Me Heal Me and it's awesome! Can you guys suggest any other Korean Dramas that I should watch? That would be appreciated! :) This chapter was slightly edited.

~TheKonfusingKK