Chapter 44

NIAGARA'S POV

"It's over..." I repeated Louis' words to myself in order to reassure myself that everything will be okay.

"Any close relative of Mr. Horan?" A doctor came and asked.

"I'm his sister-in-law and they're his friends and you know her" Hale said mentioning all of us.

"How is Niall?" Zayn found his voice.

"Mr. Horan is not so fine...." the doctor uneasily began.

"What do... what do you mean sir?" I asked, desperately trying to hide the growing fear in my voice.

"Ma'am, he was shot in the tricuspid valve.... twice.... " the doctor revealed, completely freezing the blood in my veins.

No! No! Not..... him..... NO!!

"Sir.... s-save him...." my voice cracked in the end. The doctor nodded and went into the operating room and all eyes turned to me.

"Explain?" Harry asked, confusion and fear evident in his voice.

"He got hit in the..." the lump in my throat got bigger.

"In... in t-t-the h-h-heart " I couldn't properly pronounce due to my sobs.

"NO! It can't be!" Harry exclaimed, with teary eyes.

"Guys" Liam, the strongest of us, called our attention. Even he was teary eyed by now.

"His name means champion right? That means he is strong. And he will fight. For his family, for all of our families, for our fans and for us. Especially that girl right there..." he said pointing at me. "We... we just have to hope and pray that he'll win.."

**********

We went to the nearby hotel. Liam had booked three rooms for us to stay the night. As I walked to my room with my key, I saw an open door. Curiosity crept in me, urging me to go in.

A bag was kept on the bed. Wait, I've seen it somewhere!

Niall!

I rummaged through the contents only to find his clothes, a few of my novels and my journal.

Wait, why did he keep my journal with him?

I thought for a minute and the answer hit me: he read it.

I got a pen firm his side pocket of a shirt and started writing in my diary.

Dear Diary,

I know how angry you must be at me right now. Yeah, I ditched you three months, didn't I?

And you won't believe what all happened! The Nobel Prizes of 2015 have been given out. And ..... Oh! A journalist won this year's Nobel Prize of Literature! It's the first time ever, isn't it?!

And.... I got kidnapped and I was in a coma for two months and now, Niall is shot.

Okay, okay... I'll slow down....

On my and Niall's birthday I wanted to tell him something that Zayn had told me. Well, Zayn told me the real reason he left the band. He was forced by their management. They did not want 1D to be their number one anymore, I guess...

And I kissed Zayn (I am really guilty about it though) to break Niall's heart so that even if something happened to me (which I was sure it will) will not affect him in any way.

I gotta go.... I'll talk to you later.

All the love,
N.

----------------------------------------------------

I really wanted to give you guys an update....

So... that's that...

And I hope y'all are liking this story....

Tell me who all can't wait for Made in the A.M??!! Well I can't!!

#5DaysTillMadeInTheAM!!

And please VOTE AND COMMENT!

I WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS STORY!!

All the love,
S.