Chapter 41

NIALL'S POV

"I'm coming there." Was all that I said through the phone before I dashed to my room, Hale following closely behind.

"Go. And get her. I need my friend back Niall... but remember that you have to fight.... and so does she..." Hale said. I could only nodd.

"Tell the lads.." I told her. She nodded this time, in agreement.

"If you need someone... all of us are just a phone call away, okay?" She reminded me as she helped me put the clothes in my bag.

"Where are you going?" Mom came in.

"He has to go mum" Hale answered this time.

"Emergency" was the only reply I gave to my mother as I started the engine of my Range Rover.

I sped out if the driveway and soon my home faded in the distance.

******

"Niagara Falls Memorial" I breathlessly told the person at the ticket counter. I took out a wad of cash as she handed me the plane ticket.

Ring! Ring!

My phone started to ring. Who the hell is calling me now?!

I picked up the phone out of my pocket only to see Doctor Mathew's phone number pop on the screen.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Niall..... I have a piece of good news and bad news as well"

"Again doctor?" I asked remembering our last conversation.

"Yes, again" he said with a light chuckle.

"Well?" I prompted him to continue.

"Oh! Yes! Even if it is absolutely very very slow, we managed to recover her heartbeat"

"And the bad news is.... "

"The bad news is.... it can stop any moment and we won't have another chance to recover it...."

"So.... either she has to recover this comatose stage or else she dies yeah?" I summed it up with all the courage I could muster.

"Looks like it" was all he said before he hung up.

"Last call for Flight 309 from Westmeath to Niagara Falls Memorial" the speakers suddenly announced. I heaved a huge sigh.

I'm coming to get you princess..... and I ain't leaving without ya...

*******

I climbed out of the taxi and faced the huge building of the hospital. My heart started hammering rapidly in my chest as I took each step into the lobby.

Niagara. The Irish princess I met at a football match. That eversmiling, curly brown haired, genius. Now, she is, even if it pains me to no end saying this, a living corpse. My legs carried me to her room as if it had a mind of it's own. I scooped her up in my arms and I held on to her as tight as I could. I took in a deep breath and began to talk. To her.

"The vivid images of our times together flash in my mind princess. The football match, the ball, the lake and the restaurant. How long have I known you princess? Six months? Woah!

And look what all we've been through...." I humorlessly chuckled.

"And you don't dare give up on me missy! I can't let you...." I couldn't bring myself to say that word. That utter possibility.

"You won't will you...?" I asked her, my voice nothing more than a whisper.

"No. Never. Don't ever because..... Niagara.... I.... I love you...." I choked my tears at this confrontation as I gently tucked her down.

I realised I need a hotel room as I saw the sun setting in the west. I got my bags as I walked out of the room with a heavy heart.

She is not dead. She is not dead!

I kept chanting these words like my life depended on it. Well, in a way, it does.

The receptionist greeted me with a warm smile.

"Good to see you again here, sir" she said with a friendly voice as she handed me the keys. I nod in acknowledgement.

"Thanks Mrs. James" I returned her smile as I took my bag in my hands.

I walked in to the elevator and pressed the button to the floor in which I knew my room was located. A ding sounded after some time signaling my floor has arrived.

I walked out fiddling the keys as I reached near the lock.

The beautifully penned words of her journal still kept replaying in my mind as I went straight for the bed.

My heart beats for you Niall....

I started undressing myself and suddenly I got a call from Doctor Mathew.

"WHAT THE FREAKING HELL DID YOU DO TO HER HORAN?!"

********************************

A/N

Yeah people, I'm alive!!

And another cliffhanger...

I'm in the mood for dancing! Hahaha!!

S.