Three (draft)

I looked around the room, wide eyed, searching for the source of the voice. I found him in the corner of the room, looking out the window through a gap in the curtain. I blinked, trying to make sense of it. I even went out to the hallway and rechecked the room number for good measure.

When I walked back in, he was standing at the edge of the bed, a suitcase full of various weapons in front of him, while he himself held a gun in his hand, loading bullets into it.

Oh no. I thought, starting to panic now, this hot sexy hunk of a man is going to kill me.

Well it's not a very bad way to go, I mean, there are worse ways of dying, you've learnt that from the countless seasons of Criminal Minds.

I shook my head. What the hell am I doing talking to myself! I should be running for my life!

With that thought in my mind, I took a step back, but being the clumsy me, I managed to drop the vase sitting on the table at the entrance of the room.

The noise that the vase made caused the man to look up at me. I gulped and gave him an awkward smile. He just raised his eyebrow and went back to loading the gun.

"I assume that you've been debriefed about the mission," he said calmly. I blinked and frowned.

"Mission? What mission?" I asked, my frown deepening. Now I'm confused. The man sighed heavily and muttered something under his breath that I couldn't catch. He looked up at me with an exasperated expression donning his beautiful face. I haven't known his guy for even a few minutes and he's already disappointed with me. Damn, I've got some skills.

I was snapped back into reality when I saw a gun held out in front of me like he expected me to take it. I reeled back slightly and looked up at him, horror and confusion clear on my face.

"I know this is your first mission, but you don't have to look like this is the first gun you've seen. Just take it and follow me." He said while shoving the heavy gun in my hand and walking past me.

"Follow you? Why the heck should I follow you?" I asked, following him to the elevator. "I don't even know your name." I continued as we entered the elevator and he pressed the button for the roof.

"Agent Austin Lambert from the FBI, there now you know my name so stop complaining. So, here's what we're going to do-" I cut him off before he could say anything more. "The FBI? You're kidding right? Is this some sort of prank or a practical joke? Because if it is, it's not very funny and you seriously need to work on your sense of humour." I said as I looked around for any hidden cameras, but found none.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why would I joke around with this?" Austin said as he walked out of the elevator, making me follow him, still looking around for cameras. 

"Anyways, here's how it will go, the package is somewhere on the top floor, which is closed off to the public, so we go up to the rooftop, where there is a restaurant for couples and pretend to be a couple. Then you distract the guards long enough for me to slip past them and get the package. Meet me at the hotel room when I give you the signal. Do you have any questions?"

I blinked, trying to let all the information sink in and nodded slowly. He sighed again and mumbled an 'of course' under his breath before looking up at me expectantly.

"How do I distract the guards?" I asked and saw him take in a deep breath to contain his anger.

"You look like a smart girl, you'll figure it out." He gritted through his teeth, before snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me to him, making my cheeks heat up. "Now let's get this over with."